litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Tyre Help Needed Please

DeanB

My rear Bridgestones are on their way out, but I am struggling to find anywhere that sells new ones. Have they stopped making them, does anyone know?

Does anyone know anyone that has any for sale? Part worns would do for now - I don't really want to try another brand as the front Bridgestones have plenty of life left and I really like the balance. I know that Lotus did a lot of work with Bridgestone getting the tyres right for the car and vice versa.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams and page came to my rescue when all the usual suspects were out of stock. Not bridgestones mind. But I'm sure they would know if they weren't available.

Worth a call. 01494 525 971 / 01494 445 389

Havent they also stopped making the yoko's though aswell due to Lotus not paying there bills with yoko.

Yoko AD07 in correct Lotus size and LTS compound/construction is still widely available...

http://www.seriouslylotus.com/index.php/wheels-and-tyres/tyres/ad07.html

Not cheap but correct for these nimble cars.

• 2 weeks later...

An update for anyone who is interested. It turns out, on closer inspection, I have RE050s fitted at the mo, and the last set were too! As far as I was able to tell there was bugger all wrong with how they gripped and handled. Until now, that is (they are starting to look like my head).

So, RE050s again would be fine, but I found some RE040s in VX220 spec and figured they would be as near as damnit to what Lotus intended and so I have ordered a pair. £198 delivered, from Camskill.

A lot better than shelling out £360 for a pair of YOKOs that don't even match the fronts, methinks.

An update for anyone who is interested. It turns out, on closer inspection, I have RE050s fitted at the mo, and the last set were too! As far as I was able to tell there was bugger all wrong with how they gripped and handled. Until now, that is (they are starting to look like my head).

So, RE050s again would be fine, but I found some RE040s in VX220 spec and figured they would be as near as damnit to what Lotus intended and so I have ordered a pair. £198 delivered, from Camskill.

A lot better than shelling out £360 for a pair of YOKOs that don't even match the fronts, methinks.

I have fitted RE50's to my Exige very recently. The only problem i have had is they understeer more than the AD08's i had on it, but i guess thats safer in the slippy conditions then bucket loads of opposite lock and a lack of talent :P Maybe get some 888's for the summer(and a few track sessions).

The only problem i had was they did not do the in the same size as my front AD08's so had to get a lower profile tyre, so the nose is a bit lower(and thus taking speed bumps even slower then normal).

I believe Avon have just brought out tyres for the Elise (called ZR's) I think.

I have run Toyo TR1's for sometime now with 185's on the front. Good all round road tyre and better than the bridges on the brakes. But that is probably the larger tyre size. They go off on the track after 10-15 minutes, but I have ran out of talent by then.

Archived