Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

7 posts in this topic

Hey all,

Newbie here, long time 147 GTA Alfa Owner, through to Audi, Subaru and MX5, now into the Elise S2 111s - really should have got one year's ago, awesome cars!

It's had all the important work done, inc. alu rad, multi-layer HG, ITG intake and Janspeed exhaust.

I use mine daily, commute to work 40 miles each way of A and B roads, Subaru WRX PPP Wagon for Snow and weekends with the dog and family.

I'm thinking Unit 4 seems the best bet for servicing.

Anywhere near Kidderminster for Fibreglass Repairs when I'll need them, everyone does at some point - Option 1 is my current thought.

P.S. MattyB - is that you (ex 147 GTA owner?)

9 hours ago, Sim@n said:

Welcome to MLOC, lots of us will recommend Gav at Unit 4, he's a top bloke!

Agreed - and just as many will applaud you ditching the Mazda Common & Classless for an Eliise :clap:

Welcome to MLOC Tom :bye:

Option 1 repaired my S1 and did a top job, One of the best around but not cheap

Hello

Always good to see new owners in Shropshire:tup:

Welcome to Lotus ownership. 

Wow,those pictures look great...and lightning ⚡! 

Gav at Unit 4 is good and friendly. A bit further away but I've found Lotus Silverstone very helpful in the past if you want an approved garage repair. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By graeme_laslett
      Hi All,

Well, Black Friday is here and we are having a sale on all our S1 and S2 service packs. You can choose from either the fully synthetic Titan SuperSyn 5W40 or the ester synthetic Titan Pro Race S 10W50. Both oils are ideal for either the K Series or the Toyota 2ZZ-GE engines.

All kits come with an original OEM oil filter and you have the option to add a pack of spark plugs to complete your service pack.

Just follow this link to our site and use the Coupon code FRIDAY16 at the checkout to get your 10% discount (valid only until Monday).

http://www.carservicepacks.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=26

Any issues or questions then please drop a message on here or email shop@carservicepacks.co.uk

Many thanks and happy Black Friday

Graeme
      Car Service Packs

All our prices include VAT and mainland UK delivery.
    • By SteveTef
      Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone else could verify/confirm that the brake calipers on the Elise are the same as that on a Laguna? Seems abit odd to me but there is a thread on one of the forums which states this. 

Just wondering if this is correct as I am in need of a replacement rear passenger caliper. (Handbrake is sticking) and although I am cleaning it up to loosen I don't think this will be sufficient. 

Of course any other ideas would be appreciated. Would like to be able to use the car so any quick fixes which are reliable would be great. (I really don't want to risk anything with the brakes) 

Thanks 

Steve 
    • By M@r]{
      Finally managed to get some pictures of the Exige when its clean, so thought I'd chuck them up on here for opinions of the spoiler-less look Also an excuse for me to show off

"I own an Exige" ......

• By DeanB
      My rear Bridgestones are on their way out, but I am struggling to find anywhere that sells new ones. Have they stopped making them, does anyone know?
      Does anyone know anyone that has any for sale? Part worns would do for now - I don't really want to try another brand as the front Bridgestones have plenty of life left and I really like the balance. I know that Lotus did a lot of work with Bridgestone getting the tyres right for the car and vice versa.

Thanks in advance for any help.
    • By DanP
      Hi All!

Other than been potentially spotted dashing between Nottingham and the Peaks, I'm new around here.

Here is a pic of by baby(s)!

Hope to see some of you around at a meet. Aim to get a car control session under my belt first though....

Cheers

Dan