litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Radiator upgrade

darren5591

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Usual suspect. Gav at Unit 4 Burton did mine for me last year, along side removing my degrading a/c rad as I haven't used it in years and a few other bits of tlc.

Quick, simple, well priced and nice stable temp. 

Hth

richbk

Thanks for the replies both, sorry I should have elaborated, I mean having twin pull fans instead of blow. I’ve seen the eliseparts frame with twin spal fans, anyone used that setup?
If you give Paul Shipley a call tomorrow morning before 10am tel 01283 500428 www.pjslotus.co.uk he will be able to advise you

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I used the proalloy single pass rad with twin spal top mount fans... Awesome bit of kit... Fans are slightly smaller than the originals and therefore don't cover as much of the core but the mounting frame does... That was my only observation 

On my new elise I'm fitting the same rad but with the ep fan upgrade mounting on the underside of the condenser as original. 

20150326_190029 (1).jpg

IMG_20150328_192158.jpg

lotus-radiator-with-2-cooling-fans-365dd.jpg

FanFitting_01_LRG.jpg

I fitted the eliseshop triple pass rad about 10 years ago on my old Toyota exige with the standard fans. It made temps much more stable on hot track days and in the alps.

I also liked the fact it was black aesthetically.  If you have a/c it will already be twin fan, only single if no a/c 

https://www.elise-shop.com/aluminium-triple-pass-race-radiator-all-models-p-354077.html?zenid=8fa5661187acd8b4acad662a3e7768c9

Archived