litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fun covid19 activities.

PJT

Even when it does arrive, you won’t be able to spend a lot of time washing and polishing. It won’t need it.  We all feel for you. Poor bloke.....waiting for a new Lotus. 😂🤣😂🤣

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I did the Midland tick run yesterday late afternoon. Initially just went up to Bingham to  dry the brakes after washing.

Then got carried away as the roads were so quiet.

On 22/03/2020 at 16:31, Clive Mattinson said:

Well, I've been out for a drive in the Peak District. Amazing number of people out walking! 

20200310_231445.jpg

Well this post was somewhat prophetic:  now Boris has gone defcon 4 on us all. 

I'll be keeping busy by

building a road bike... And Going on Sunday rides. 

sitting in the kitchen with some enamel paints and craft brushes and seeing if I can Paint my cam cover lettering / logo

...and lastly - Clive, your car looks absolutely fantastic in that picture 

Well last night I played myself at scrabble as Marie and the kids all refused ☹

In the end it was a surprisingly tense and very close contest - Right Dean took the lead early on with a seven letter score (fifty point bonus!) and remained in front until the very last go. I actually found myself rooting for Left Dean at this point as I always love an underdog.  Incredibly, at the finish Left Dean sneaked ahead by dint of Right Dean being stuck with a Q and having to deduct 10 points. 😁

44 minutes ago, DeanB said:

In the end it was a surprisingly tense and very close contest - Right Dean took the lead early on with a seven letter score (fifty point bonus!) and remained in front until the very last go. I actually found myself rooting for Left Dean at this point as I always love an underdog.  Incredibly, at the finish Left Dean sneaked ahead by dint of Right Dean being stuck with a Q and having to deduct 10 points. 😁

That is genius. 😅

10 hours ago, DeanB said:

Congratulations on your comeback Left Dean, commiserations Right Dean.

Hour 1 of the big lockdown Dean and you're already reduced to this.... doesn't bode well for the coming weeks 😄

Decorating the hall, landing and stairs which will take an age cos its a double ladder job and helping SWMBO to do her garden (I'm only allowed in under supervision and to cut the grass!). 

Daren't take Loti or TVRs out because of Sheffield Council's propensity to chuck tons of grit everywhere at the slightest whiff of a chilly breeze.

Thank goodness Boris approved exercise (Mountain Biking) outdoors or I'd go stir crazy.

I wish I'd not sold all our board games now - we could have visited all countries in 'Go'!

May call right and/or left handed Dean for a game of Scrabble depending on which of them is worse at it! 

Funny stuff, we'll need this thread to keep us going. 

Manufacturing and development with a skeleton crew adhering to guidelines will keep me busy during the week. But I guess I/we still need to limit further possible exposure and scale down to the very bare bones. So Saturday evening saw perfectly good banked S1 Exige money go to...

Sim Labs - TR1

Fanatec - Club Sport bundle + handbrake  

Ebuyer - Monster curved LCD and Gaming PC

Demon Tweaks - Sparco seat and adjustable rails 

John Lewis - wireless Microsoft all in one keyboard and mouse 

Possible divorce - lonely wife

Hopefully build thread starting Friday evening :-) 

Please stay safe you wonderful MLOCer's and families. 

22 minutes ago, jonnyfox said:

Funny stuff, we'll need this thread to keep us going. 

Manufacturing and development with a skeleton crew adhering to guidelines will keep me busy during the week. But I guess I/we still need to limit further possible exposure and scale down to the very bare bones. So Saturday evening saw perfectly good banked S1 Exige money go to...

Sim Labs - TR1

Fanatec - Club Sport bundle + handbrake  

Ebuyer - Monster curved LCD and Gaming PC

Demon Tweaks - Sparco seat and adjustable rails 

John Lewis - wireless Microsoft all in one keyboard and mouse 

Possible divorce - lonely wife

Hopefully build thread starting Friday evening :-) 

Please stay safe you wonderful MLOCer's and families. 

sheer joy!!!!

I have just purchased a top of the range gaming PC and  have been thinking about going down the Logitech route after watching some esport racing so will be very interested in how you get on 

21 hours ago, DeanB said:

Dean your going to have to stop playing with yourself 🤣

Duncan - please don't post photos like that.......I've got 12 rooms still to decorate including sorting out loads of dodgy flooring upstairs 😩

In the absence of suitable motivation I decided the best course of action was to purchase an Xbox and some driving games - for the kids of course 😉

I still have the yellow S1 in a million bits in the garage as well - and the front clamshell is still on the dining table.   Ho hum, it will get done eventually - ready for summer - if we can use our little plastic cars by then!

Been sitting in the car in the garage, turning ignition on and off to watch the dash lights.

Tomorrow I’m looking forward to opening and closing the fridge door.

Moved everything I needed out of the office and have set up at home.

Archived