litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fun covid19 activities.

PJT

13 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

I've been making steady progress on my latest scratch-built Correx r/c slope soarer. It's quite a distinctive shape so no prizes for guessing what it is.

Sadly the Lotus has been reduced to a workbench these days 😁

IMG_20200407_173323768.jpg

It's very obviously a Vought F4U Corsair! Nice work.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you for the compliments. Kept me from drawing on the walls for a while.

Phil is right it does lift the engine bay and doesn't look too shabby if you don't stop and look for too long.  Not sure how long it will last although they are enamel paints.

If anyone fancies their own bit of colouring-in during lock down I can post the paints and brushes off to you. 🙂

9 hours ago, Dr H said:

It's very obviously a Vought F4U Corsair! Nice work.

Yes...and no Leigh. The plans I'm working to are indeed for the F4U Corsair but I'm converting mine to be a F2G Super Corsair which has a bubble canopy.

9 out of 10 😁

On 06/04/2020 at 22:51, duncx said:

June has wanted an eye-level grill for ages........sorted! :)

IMG_20200404_130539.jpg

A couple of knee pads would’ve been cheaper and quicker than taking out your floor.

On 08/04/2020 at 19:03, Phil S1 said:

Yes...and no Leigh. The plans I'm working to are indeed for the F4U Corsair but I'm converting mine to be a F2G Super Corsair which has a bubble canopy.

9 out of 10 😁

Arse! I put something in my reply about not being able to see the canopy, then thought that was far too geeky so removed it before i posted.....I should've known better 😉

8 hours ago, Dr H said:

Arse! I put something in my reply about not being able to see the canopy, then thought that was far too geeky so removed it before i posted.....I should've known better 😉

To be fair, it didn't have the air intake on top of the engine cowl in that photo either, I was working on that part yesterday 🙂

Archived