litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fun covid19 activities.

PJT

6 hours ago, Jonathan E said:

I’ve been spending most of my time driving around the fantastically empty roads of Wales, very few vehicles, no scameras and beautiful views, sadly it’s in a Mercedes Sprinter rather than a Lotus🙄, delivering groceries for a well known supermarket. I did the same thing for a short time when I set up my own business three and a half years ago which is now on hold, they rang me a couple of weeks back and asked if I’d be interested in doing some shifts for them as they were desperate for drivers and I’d had the training( it’s not as simple as it looks you know:no::tongue2:).

With the odd exception like the couple who were dressed in full NBC suits complete with WWII gas masks who insisted I deliver their groceries to the middle of a field and kept at least 100m away, and the old boy who threatened to shoot my tyres out because the store had substituted his famous grouse whiskey for the own brand stuff, I’m still not convinced he was joking either:mellow:. Most people have been so grateful to not only get their groceries but also to see a different face, some of the customers live miles away from anyone and I’ve discovered some fabulous new roads for when my car finally gets to me, who knows when. Gets me out of the house too.

Good to see your all keeping occupied and staying safe, that driving rig reminds me of my Sprinter van cockpit, Not!!:rolleyes:

I'm jealous!  Apart from nearly being shot at that sounds as close to fun as we can get right now 👍😊

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

My office space is not normally this messy HONEST!!! :rolleyes:

not in the same league as Jonny's but still been having fun driving the Nürburgring :drive:

hard but fun :)

20200406_153056 (2).jpg

I know it's a long lap round the Ring Ray but was it really February when you started 😄

4 hours ago, jonnyfox said:

Yes Ray :lol:

Oh the days of wondering round in full NBC gear.  Must of been a strange sight Jonathan, I wonder if the suit and canister were in date  :wacko:

No idea, and it was a very strange sight. I just thought if it made them happy then fair enough, their place was around 3 miles from the next house so I guess me and the postman were probably their only threat?

2 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

🤣 think it was January and the way I'm driving I might get round by November 🤣🤣🤣

Get that post it note removed Ray - there’s a tasty looking motor underneath it, albeit bogey green ...!

I've been making steady progress on my latest scratch-built Correx r/c slope soarer. It's quite a distinctive shape so no prizes for guessing what it is.

Sadly the Lotus has been reduced to a workbench these days 😁

IMG_20200407_173323768.jpg

1 hour ago, Phil S1 said:

I've been making steady progress on my latest scratch-built Correx r/c slope soarer. It's quite a distinctive shape so no prizes for guessing what it is.

Sadl

y the Lotus has been reduced to a workbench these days 😁

IMG_20200407_173323768.jpg

well it's not a focker! 🤣 sorry Phil couldn't  resist that. seriously it's looking very good 👍 but get it off the Lotus 🙂

Archived