litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fun covid19 activities.

PJT

Great thread.

I have been working from home for 3 weeks, luckily I am keeping myself busy, unfortunately, with the hospital's at London Excell, Birmingham and a new NHS building near Doncaster. As yet, I have not been furloughed.

On a positive, the interior is back in the Exige and bar one thing left to fit, the interior is done and looks fantastic. I actually managed to drive it out the garage yesterday, AC and fans on full and left it running for 40min. The occasional blip of the throttle with induction noise, supercharger whine........ Oh my god I miss driving.

I have a week to book off work, so i'll put it on axle stands, wheels removed and the underneath cleaned up/painted.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry to introduce controversy to this excellent thread, but as the decorating is finished, I plan to go under the TVR tomorrow to do some maintenance work on the outriggers. 

In my defence, I'm saving MrWill's excellent colouring in idea for a rainy day. 

16 minutes ago, DeanB said:

Omg you haven't got two of the bloody things have you??  😁

Errr three 😃. Sorry mate, had a bad November - two of my mates died and I thought that there are no pockets in shrouds so get it spent!  

On 11/04/2020 at 18:22, DeanB said:

Is it just me or is anyone else dying for a track day?

I've done Doninigton, Zandvoort, Brands GP, Spa and Portamio in an Evora GTC, R300, various Pork & Fez and the excellent Tatuus.  I'm missing nothing! 🤣

3 hours ago, Mutley00 said:

Errr three 😃. Sorry mate, had a bad November - two of my mates died and I thought that there are no pockets in shrouds so get it spent!  

Good idea, but you should have bought Lotus!  😊

Looks like lockdown is going to last a few more weeks at least, running out of jobs and inspiration for things to do around the house. Cleaned and polished all cars, now sat in sunshine looking for something interesting to do. Wife suggested building a wheelie bin store!!

As far as the lotus is concerned, it’s less than a year old so nothing really to do, I’ve upgraded the front speakers and had the wheels off to apply ACF 50 to suspension parts, one thing that has always annoyed me is the supercharger is not painted black as per earlier Exiges. 

E2EA71DE-96F1-4CB3-B252-07713E8F4CCE.jpeg.57043b3366c4a36f4654d2c512acf10c.jpeg

Painting it in situ would be difficult, what’s involved in removing it? Obviously the car is still under warranty so don’t want to get too involved removing anything that may be difficult to replace.

The silver supercharger was a temporary part.  The black one has returned now, I think.  I wrote to Hethel about this, and they said that 

“There was a period when we fitted natural finish aluminium superchargers.

This was on the order of the then CEO to save some money.”

Mine also has the silver one ☹️, although it’s the missing plate on the top I’m salty about.  But, you know, I reckon it must be a couple on grams lighter without the black casing.🤣😂

Surprised ‘weight saving’ was not the official response from Lotus! 😁

You can buy the plate from Lotus, about £50 if I remember correctly, not sure how they are attached?

It's taken a while but Phase 2 is now complete, we have a shiny new kitchen floor (reclaimed maple) and all fully insulated underneath. Decorating and new kitchen cupboards next!

IMG_20200421_090944.jpg

IMG_20200421_090919.jpg

Lovely looking work Dunc. 

I was hoping to replace my soffits and fascias until having a sample test on the existing boards. Asbestos. Well that's a DIY job just become an expensive professional job. 😤

I think I can cap all your efforts...

...every time anyone uses our vacuum cleaner one of the wheels falls off the little plastic axle. So I have just spent a gainful 1/2 hour or so on my lathe, making a nice stainless steel replacement, complete with internally-threaded ends so the wheels are now held on with threadlocked M3 screws 😇

Archived