litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Fun covid19 activities.

PJT

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking good Dean. Was that your helper in the front seat, or just a poser who came in for the glory shot at the end?  We are at the beach for the day......aka paddling pool in the back garden with salty crisps and fishy sandwiches.

2 hours ago, PJT said:

Looking good Dean. Was that your helper in the front seat, or just a poser who came in for the glory shot at the end?  We are at the beach for the day......aka paddling pool in the back garden with salty crisps and fishy sandwiches.

It was definitely a poser who came in for the glory shot 😂😂😂

12 hours ago, chris_h said:

Brake callipers were looking a bit beat up, so a couple of coats of high temp paint later looking good as new

Looks really good Chris, how did you manage to reinstate the LOTUS lettering?

18 hours ago, DeanB said:

I have done some cleaning and polishing. Not up to the standards of Phil and Dave et al but not bad for a 17 year old track day car I reckon.

You look to have made a cracking job of that Dean, I'll need to consult with Dave but based on that I reckon we might now allow you guest membership to our detailing club 😏

12 hours ago, chris_h said:

43BB2616-17FA-46B1-8B0C-55B43822F4C8.thumb.jpeg.921787b9ca8920f56ca2cbd9679faa1e.jpegD0C86490-D7E2-4FC2-B77A-FAEB0100F4F6.thumb.jpeg.c1f6b91aae479cec58c738626921bf5e.jpeg8F6F7326-4F9B-4E2C-95E4-87D012012EE8.thumb.jpeg.a8b49396b48c42838367ac1f25b8fed4.jpeg4A6A2E75-4E7A-462D-8751-DF3740B5D190.thumb.jpeg.636ec7fb7e85188271050ddb4ccb61bc.jpeg48420EAB-C3FA-4B3A-971A-20F83D63FF2C.thumb.jpeg.d0297f8a6cc7aa1cf4e61a769251aaf8.jpegBrake callipers were looking a bit beat up, so a couple of coats of high temp paint later looking good as new.

How did you paint the silver Lotus logo?

14 minutes ago, lotus111 said:

How did you paint the silver Lotus logo?

I bought a can of graphite coloured high temp paint which I used for the unswept areas of brake disc.  I sprayed some into the cap and used a fine paint brush to paint the lotus letters. Then did two coats of high temp clear gloss over the callipers (the red and graphite was matt so needed to do this anyway, but also sealed the two colours together better hopefully).

I used this...

https://e-tech.uk.com/e-tech-xht-paint-xtremely-high-temperature-paint
https://e-tech.uk.com/e-tech-xht-clear-lacquer-xtremely-high-temperature

8 hours ago, chris_h said:

I bought a can of graphite coloured high temp paint which I used for the unswept areas of brake disc.  I sprayed some into the cap and used a fine paint brush to paint the lotus letters. Then did two coats of high temp clear gloss over the callipers (the red and graphite was matt so needed to do this anyway, but also sealed the two colours together better hopefully).

I used this...

https://e-tech.uk.com/e-tech-xht-paint-xtremely-high-temperature-paint
https://e-tech.uk.com/e-tech-xht-clear-lacquer-xtremely-high-temperature

Thanks Chris 👍

Chris the reason your calipers looked beat-up is because YOU beat 'em up at the Old Hairpin, repeatedly!  😁

They look great now.

Is it just me or is anyone else dying for a track day?

12 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

You look to have made a cracking job of that Dean, I'll need to consult with Dave but based on that I reckon we might now allow you guest membership to our detailing club 😏

No need for consultation Phil, the rules are clear - unless you’ve removed the calipers, stripped them and put them in the oven for an hour to cure the paint at 180C on one of your wife's finest baking trays you're not allowed full membership 😀  

On a serious note, good effort Chris - looks brill.  I used the same E-Tech paint and there’s a massive difference in how hard it is if you do oven bake them - but that involves a full strip down because of the seals etc etc I guess.   Mine were hideous before so I wanted to strip them down anyway.

I’m seriously missing driving the Elises.  One is in bits so that’s fine, but I reckon as soon as the current restrictions are lifted in the slightest, I’m going to tax the Scandal S160 and use it for supermarket runs...

Edit - as I’ve seemingly gone off the idea of finishing the rebuild of the Mustard S1, I’ve been keeping busy with a few fun Covid-19 activities of my own, all indoors orientated.  I’ve bought a cheap Xbox One and a few driving games, replaced my ageing Mac with a new one, and sorted out some surround sound for our lounge.   And I’ve had the kids ripping our DVD and Blu-ray collection to stream on our home network to the TVs.   All very geeky 🤓

Great to see everyone's ways of keeping busy be it cars in various state of fettling or house projects.

I've been keeping myself busy helping to keep the lights on in and around Derby.

And when not working I've been busy out in the garden, moving the stuff that needs to go to the tip from one side to the other.

Hope that Sunday and Monday will bring me a chance to get the 135R out of the garage to sort a few bits and pieces.

Stay safe everyone

Archived