litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Smash!

KurtB

Kurt if you don't have legal protection on your policy you may have a battle on your hands as your insurer will likely roll over and take the 50 / 50 option for ease ( as others have said )

Try giving these guys a ring and explain your plight if there is something in it for them they may fight your corner : https://www.freemotorlegal.co.uk/

Good luck

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is exactly what i would expect. Insurance companies trying to get both parties to pay more in future due to a 50/50 settlement is hardly a surprise? You might win as you have a witness otherwise you would have no chance. fight it and good luck.

Great to see the car back in rude health your most holiness. Shame about your insurers, strike them down with great vengeance and furious anger the first second you get :tup:

Oh and that decal would do my head in. I'd loose sleep till it was done :lol: 

Thanks guys, all appreciated. Russ I’ll get into that if the new current information fails to get the result I need. 

I called my insurer today, I explained before I started I was STILL livid, and was likely to get prickly. Long story short they informed me that the third party claimed I moved across them(!), which is an utter lie, and that they’d sent 3 info packs out to the witness, but had no response! I called the witness, having her details still in my files. 

She was sooooo amenable, apologised massively for not getting into it, and did it promptly. It’s now in the post.

So fingers crossed, again. 

Breathing a little easier now, I can’t believe the rage I felt at the unjustified and unsatisfactory conclusion the insurers were going to come to. 

Cheers, 

Kurt

If there is an independent witness, and the other party can be shown by the witness to (a) be at fault and (b) now trying to lie their way out of it, then pass that to the Police - if you haven't already - and push them to investigate fully. If you can give them enough to charge him then that will give leverage on your insurers to avoid a 50:50.

I had a similar thing some years ago when a car knocked me off my motorbike; initially that was going 50:50 but I was able to get the Police to press charges. The guy was eventually found guilty in court of driving without due care and a full claim was the end result.

It will be a long journey but don't give in; keep pushing!

14 hours ago, KurtB said:

Thanks guys, all appreciated. Russ I’ll get into that if the new current information fails to get the result I need. 

I called my insurer today, I explained before I started I was STILL livid, and was likely to get prickly. Long story short they informed me that the third party claimed I moved across them(!), which is an utter lie, and that they’d sent 3 info packs out to the witness, but had no response! I called the witness, having her details still in my files. 

She was sooooo amenable, apologised massively for not getting into it, and did it promptly. It’s now in the post.

So fingers crossed, again. 

Breathing a little easier now, I can’t believe the rage I felt at the unjustified and unsatisfactory conclusion the insurers were going to come to. 

Cheers, 

Kurt

Person who causes an accident then lies to try and shift responsibility shocker!

I stinks but happens all the time. In the case I mentioned in my previous post he ran up the back of me when I was stationary. He went on to submit a repair claim to my insurance for new headlights etc. along with a latter explaining how I'd run up the back of him. Fucking unbelievable, that's why we ended up in court - well not me personally but my insurance company. Thank God I paid for legal protection.

Very common these days. Contested claims can get very costly - you can thank Accident Management companies and people who insist on having a Porsche as a courtesy car for that - so with insurers it's in both their interests to go 50/50 and move on as quickly as possible....but rarely in the interest of the insured parties!

Kurt,

just seen this turn of events hope it’s getting sorted?

are you still a member of a union? Most unions offer free legal protection included in their membership.

best of luck.

alex

• 2 weeks later...

Archived