litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Smash!

KurtB

11 hours ago, KurtB said:

It’s not going to be a five minute job fixing it. 

Kurt, good to hear that it's moving in the right direction - having a witness like that will really help.  

Steer clear of Leigh though - If you enlist his help it will turn into a 5 year job :lol:

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Kurt, good to hear that it's moving in the right direction - having a witness like that will really help.  

Steer clear of Leigh though - If you enlist his help it will turn into a 5 year job :lol:

Cheeky sod! It's only been 2 and a bit years so far......

I spoke with Frank yesterday and I’ll be driving it to Option 1 on Friday. 

It’s going to be tricky keeping my nose out, but I’m going to give them details of its geo, where the undertray, longeron and wheel arch liner are available from etc. Do I then just sit back and wait for the phone to ring? I’m both excited and really nervous, I really want it to be right. 

I feel there’s lots of trust going on here and sincerely hope I’m singing the praises of Option 1 in a few weeks. 

Roll on the day it’s ready...

7 hours ago, KurtB said:

I spoke with Frank yesterday and I’ll be driving it to Option 1 on Friday. 

It’s going to be tricky keeping my nose out, but I’m going to give them details of its geo, where the undertray, longeron and wheel arch liner are available from etc. Do I then just sit back and wait for the phone to ring? I’m both excited and really nervous, I really want it to be right. 

I feel there’s lots of trust going on here and sincerely hope I’m singing the praises of Option 1 in a few weeks. 

Roll on the day it’s ready...

Kurt, I would keep in touch with Frank through the repair, I did  and had no problems.... He is very meticulous and does understand how OCD some of us owners are, Mine was a track focused car far from perfect but on it's return it was better than new, not a single imperfection :tup:

Thank you Martin, that's very kind. I did ask Frank about that, and he said he'd run me to Bromsgrove station, so I think I'm sorted. Thank you very much for your offer though. 

7 hours ago, KurtB said:

Well, it’s now at Option 1. I’m on the train back to Lincoln and hope that it’s not long before work is underway.

You won’t be disappointed frank has done several jobs on my lotuses over the years and you won’t get a better paint job he is a perfectionist 

I’m sure it’ll be fantastic. I so wish he’d have been able to factor in the front clam too, but that would have cost £900 plus armourfend. Too much for my pockets. I’m still looking forward to getting it back. 

1 hour ago, KurtB said:

I’m sure it’ll be fantastic. I so wish he’d have been able to factor in the front clam too, but that would have cost £900 plus armourfend. Too much for my pockets. I’m still looking forward to getting it back. 

you'll be missing her now :( but when you get her back it will be better than make up sex :)

• 2 weeks later...

Ten days after delivering my car to Option 1, repairs have been authorised and work will commence tomorrow. Looking forward getting it back, hopefully in the right shape! 

1 hour ago, KurtB said:

Ten days after delivering my car to Option 1, repairs have been authorised and work will commence tomorrow. Looking forward getting it back, hopefully in the right shape! 

Nice one :) I'm sure it will be better than ever

Great news Kurt.  It will come back better than before, have faith.

I expect you will need a Lotus fix pretty soon so get yourself and your helmet across to Blyton on Saturday for the Lotus on Track track day.  There are a few mlocers going - the usual suspects - so it will be a good craic and you are welcome to a passenger ride with me mate.

Oh, and don't forget to book LitP - we already have 3 s1 Exiges booked on 😁

Archived