litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Smash!

KurtB

Well, that hasn’t ended well! Picked up from Gavs, all going so well, then at Newark another driver attempted to change lanes on a roundabout. Gutted isn’t the word. So who are we recommending for body work?!

9A650910-984C-493E-8CF8-866C6E9EE72A.jpeg

0F35F92C-2CE6-4F66-AEFE-937CA19C058F.jpeg

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Martin,

I suspect it’ll be an insurance job, just waiting for recovery now. I was on traveling toward Lincoln, from the Newark bypass. I was in the right hand lane, taking the second exit. On the roundabout the car in the left lane decided to overtake the slower moving car in front of it, and moved into my near side as I exited the roundabout. Absolutely nowhere to go, other than the kerb, so elected against that idea!

The collision spun me through 180 and has sheared the Spitfire toe link bolt (happy about that doing its job), and damaged the sill, door and rear clam. Totally crestfallen, I’ve literally just collected it from Unit 4. 

B6EC4733-12F1-41B8-A537-4FCB91389CCB.jpeg

Kurt don't, geton the phone to Frank at Option 1 first thing Monday morning.

He will deal with the insurance side of things and is absolutely brilliant at fibreglass repair work (and paint).

He recently sorted my mates Caterham when someone ran into it and my pal raved about how good they were. Likewise @ndy when some pillock ran in to him.

i spoke to frank abouta bit on mine thats had a smart repair in the past , sounded very professional but wanted to do whole clam not just small part i want doing 😳

Ffs :( absolutely gutted for you mate.

alex told us he’d spotted your car yesterday. Itl get fixed properly I know, but that’s not the point, I bet you feel like dog shit...:angry:

53 minutes ago, IAN G said:

i spoke to frank abouta bit on mine thats had a smart repair in the past , sounded very professional but wanted to do whole clam not just small part i want doing 😳

This is probably good news for Kurt though because he will get most of the car resprayed on the insurance.  Only bummer will be if it needs a new clam and they are on back order.

3 hours ago, KurtB said:

Well, that hasn’t ended well! Picked up from Gavs, all going so well, then at Newark another driver attempted to change lanes on a roundabout. Gutted isn’t the word. So who are we recommending for body work?!

9A650910-984C-493E-8CF8-866C6E9EE72A.jpeg

0F35F92C-2CE6-4F66-AEFE-937CA19C058F.jpeg

Jezz  my stomach dropped just looking at the pics, I cant imagine the heartache its giving you

so Sorry  for you

Ray

Sorry to see the damage Kurt, glad your OK though.

Only 1 place to take it for a repair as far as I’m concerned, Option1 👍

I insisted with my insurance i took it there, first class job.

Archived