10. Dave & Helen

11. Paul & Helen

12. Paul & Sophie

13. Chris (Dobbo) & Sonya, plus 2 little ones

14. Laura & Graham

15. Sheldon & Issy and 2 little ones

16. Kurt and Helen

17. Alastair & Jane

18. Martin & Liz ( Shift dependant, baggsy first go on the swings )

19. Keith (race you to the swings Martin)

20. Sue & Darryl

21.Carol & Andy

22. Jon +1

23. scatty + bex

24. Ant & Lynne

25. Rich & Jenny

26. Mike & Helen - If we are allowed to join you guy's in a Noble?

27. Murray (Muzza) & probably my 5year old Harry

28. Harvey & Rachel

29. Tom & Bea (and Elmo of course) - We got married at Chatsworth with the Lotus playing a role last year - should be fun!

30. musicman.

31. Robbotoo

32. Leigh

33. Paul S (+ 1)

34. richbk + ethan (aged 9 1/2)

35. Simon (+ 1)

36. scotty and tina.

37. Graham & Ros

38. Des +1

39. Chalkey and Andrea

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blimey! 39 cars and counting!

I have tapped up my mate at work to bring his 1963 Elan and he's keen but not yet confirmed.

I have also taken the liberty of telephoning Stratstone at Leicester (I hope nobody minds) to ask if they might bring a couple of new models down for us to see. I spoke to Claire, and she was immediately keen, but has to run it by the management I think.

I am also thinking about catering. I will hopefully be in a position soon to post a breakfast menu and take orders.

As for the picnic, I thought it might be worth trying to find caterers to sort the job lot, but that will obviously cost a bit - although maybe not much more than buying and bringing our own stuff.How do people feel about that? It would be easier than having to do it ourselves, and keeping it in hot car boots all day. I will try and get a good price, but to give me some idea, what would people think is a reasonable amount to pay per head for a picnic?

Marie (my much better half) reckons she can sort a big MLOC birthday cake.

Oh, and just to confirm, I presume all those signed up so far are doing at least the morning run? If anyone isn't please let me know. Due to the numbers, I think we will need four (so far) seperate convoys, so I will need volunteers to lead groups - who know the roads to at least some degree and will not get lost or drive so fast they lose followers at junctions etc. Anyone keen?

Dean - Great to see this growing. Have we got any plans to do a good photoshoot ? I'm thinking that this would make a good article for some of the Lotus press. Certainly I see things in the Club Lotus magazine. I'm sure we could get some decent photos from one of us, but the shots need to be planned if we're to get this many cars into a good photo.

I'm sure there will be loads of photos taken on the day, both at Chatsworth and on the runs, so we'll be fine for photos. It's the writing of an article that can be difficult because people forget the details.

Maybe we should run a thread straight afterwards where people can post their thoughts, then have someone to pull it together soon after.

Chris I agree we need some good photos. I was thinking about getting all Ron Dennis and insisting on all cars parking the same distance apart with noses in line for the camera.......

I am only half joking!

I know that Des (Jumpjet) is a handy cameraman, and I am sure some other of our number will be pretty useful too.

I also think encouraging people to write something after the day would be good. Maybe in the blogs section? I might have a crack at that myself.

p.s Lotus111 I reckon I saw you 2 or 3 weeks ago by Mansfield on the A617 - I was in my silver s2 Elise.

1. DeanB

2. Jonny & Fee Fox

3. Daz & Christie.

4. Russ & Elaine.

5. Phil & Chez

6. Paul P4N + any straggler I can find

7. Mark and Karen

8. Steve & Fi and 2 little ones

9. Janine & Paul

10. Dave & Helen

11. Paul & Helen

12. Paul & Sophie

13. Chris (Dobbo) & Sonya, plus 2 little ones

14. Laura & Graham

15. Sheldon & Issy and 2 little ones

16. Kurt and Helen

17. Alastair & Jane

18. Martin & Liz ( Shift dependant, baggsy first go on the swings )

19. Keith (race you to the swings Martin)

20. Sue & Darryl

21.Carol & Andy

22. Jon +1

23. scatty + bex

24. Ant & Lynne

25. Rich & Jenny

26. Mike & Helen - If we are allowed to join you guy's in a Noble?

27. Murray (Muzza) & probably my 5year old Harry

28. Harvey & Rachel

29. Tom & Bea (and Elmo of course) - We got married at Chatsworth with the Lotus playing a role last year - should be fun!

30. musicman.

31. Robbotoo

32. Leigh

33. Paul S (+ 1)

34. richbk + ethan (aged 9 1/2)[/color]

35. Simon (+ 1)

36. scotty and tina.

37. Graham & Ros

38. Des +1

39. Chalkey and Andrea

40. Bis

Chris I agree we need some good photos. I was thinking about getting all Ron Dennis and insisting on all cars parking the same distance apart with noses in line for the camera.......

I am only half joking!

You should have tried sorting this one...

It was fun seeing the crew going round spraying red dots for the OSF wheel at each position, then made more complicated by the extras that turned up on the day (that's one reason that there's a full stop between each letter).

post-117-0-23078900-1331249807_thumb.jpg

Lotusram you're hired! Thanks for stepping up. I will pm you nearer the tìme.

Any other volunteers?

Jonnyfox by all means post on exiges, but i think we should only invite guests to the chatsworth bit. Better i reckon to keep the runs, breakfast and picnic catering to MLOCers only otherwise it will become unmanageable. Guests would be welcome to join the picnic, but would need to bring their own snap.

Or they could join MLOC!

Does everyone agree?

Russ You're on, thank you.

I will pm you with the route as soon as it is finalised but the outward leg will be very similar to the Derbyshire run we did in january.

We need one more volunteer for now....

Archived