litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Somebody Stop Me !

@ndy

Since owning the V6 Exige I found I'm not using the S1 as much when them special journeys are needed and although the S1 is mainly a track car I've started thinking its crazy running 2 Lotus on the road. Of course I would get a nice lump of cash which will always come in handy and save money annually due to tax and insurance etc. However I'm lucky enough at the moment not to be forced in to a decision.

I have thought of sorning it and just using as a track toy, however being a Lotus this is not right and if I was doing that I would get myself a Radical or similar.

Some of these thoughts are due to the Winter months and not getting on track so once the weather breaks I may feel differently !

So please, someone talk some sense in to me bangin.gif

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I reckon you should sell it if your not using it tbh.

they are compromised, difficult to get into and rattle.

oh and pls pm me before you advertise it :).

seriously, i think its a winter thing. i am a little like yourself in the fortunate position to run 2 sports cars (the exige and a mint honda S2000.) however, neither have seen the light of day since early november and i have been using my trust mazda 2 daily driver for everything in these crap weather conditions.

however i know once the weather improves and the nights are lighter i will be spoiled for choice on road and track and the cost of insuring / owning etc. over winter will be forgotten in about 1/2 mile.

richbk

It's the January blues I think...

I took mine for a spin around the block today and realised why it makes sense as a second car...

At best, take it for a quick blat. Or just go to the mirror, right this second, and have a quiet word with yourself. Like you say, you don't need to sell her... Question already answered right there.....

run 2 sports cars (the exige and a mint honda S2000.) however, neither have seen the light of day since early november and i have been using my trust mazda 2 daily driver

richbk

Ha ha ha ha, this on the other hand is just ridiculous rich..... I thought the s2000 was your daily...... Ha ha ha..... :-)

Sorry to go against the tide of advice, but I see your logic. 

I have 3 cars*. The nice thing is they are all completely different from each other so they all get used. But the Exige and the S1 whilst wildly different ends of the Lotus spectrum, it's still a narrow spectrum. (I know if I still had my S2 it would hardly turn a wheel)

So I vote you sell it and let someone else enjoy it fully. Who knows you might sell it to someone that has never owned a Lotus and you win another convert who will buy the LF1 from you in a few years time when you want the "Series 4 - 450 Cup" ;)

(* one is a nail of a Kia Sad-owner so probably doesn't count. I bought it for £1k, for hauling mountain bikes and tip runs, weirdly I actually enjoy driving it in a screwed up kinda way:  It's the first car I've ever owned I genuinely don't give a cr@p about. Its strangely liberating using bumpers as parking sensors and scrawling top gear-esque signs on the sliding doors. blush.png )

I'm saying nowt. I have 2 Lotus, a daily and a Stratos kit arriving in a few weeks!

Mind you one of the Lotus will have to go. It's a necessity. Id keep it otherwise. The OH says she'll leave if I end up with 4 cars.

Hmmmm......I could always keep it is suppose smile.png

Andy your problem might be that you wouldn't want to spoil the LF1 on track and although a a Radical or similar in some ways makes more sense as a track day tool they are a bit rarefied and you could find yourself with no one to play with, if you know what I mean. With the s1 there are always similar cars to run with. Plus now it's built it won't be too expensive to maintain and will probably slowly appreciate in value.

To be honest Andy i have been thinking similar now that the S1 is getting closer to being finished. 

Currently i don't need to sell either, but i have concerns of being able to give both the attention they need. 

If i decided to sell 1, which one would go and which one to keep?

I think I need to get out on track ASAP as driving on B roads does not do it justice or compare to the V6, I only managed 1 track day in the S1 last year due to the engine rebuild and then the collision with the clown in the lorry !

I have thought about the depreciation of the V6 if it does get tracked regularly but life is too short to worry about that

TBH I think I've fell out of love with it and fell in love with the V6, Driving it more may change so I'll sleep on it for a few weeks and see how things go ?

I think I need to get out on track ASAP as driving on B roads does not do it justice or compare to the V6, I only managed 1 track day in the S1 last year due to the engine rebuild and then the collision with the clown in the lorry !

I have thought about the depreciation of the V6 if it does get tracked regularly but life is too short to worry about that

TBH I think I've fell out of love with it and fell in love with the V6, Driving it more may change so I'll sleep on it for a few weeks and see how things go ?

March Blyton with LOT

And

Rockingham with trackaddict

March Blyton with LOT

And

Rockingham with trackaddict

I was thinking of the Blyton day, its a bloody long way for me thou so would need to add a hotel or B&B, I'll have a think about it ?

Archived