litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

It's Not The Car It Used To Be.....

jonnyfox

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Johnny I've been a bit of a light weight recently and not sorted (or even bought) my new suspension. My promise to lay off facing with the car (with the exception of sourcing a set of silver exige wheels and a set of cup 260 wheels) dragged on a lot longer than I expected. Shame on me I know.

On the brighter side, by the time I do sort my new suspension, Oulton will be a bit more reasonable cost wise. I've only ever pax'd around Oulton, even tho its my local and I keep threatening to do it.

So have you done much with your car recently?

• 1 month later...

I'm just posting up finished images here and exiges, for one reason or another I haven't had a chance....

P1010994_zps90f87448.jpg

P1010974_zps301f61be.jpg

P1010993_zps8252544a.jpg

P1010992_zpsf517b3d7.jpg

P1010990_zpsbc60da04.jpg

P1010989_zps9540cef6.jpg

P1010986_zps59553f2a.jpg

P1010978_zps452ce3ed.jpg

P1010977_zps1b30a353.jpg

P1010998_zpsdb488936.jpg

P1010997_zps8ddbc331.jpg

So next jobs. New rear wing and better pylons, new CF splitter, new paint job and new gearbox, so who wants to buy a hardly used KAAZ close ratio box and Quaife diff!

Sorry Alex, yes I am mate. I have been waiting to get a few things confirmed with one person or another. I'll be there from 1pm onwards as it stands so on track in the afternoon shaking down. I've been having a few issues tracking down an oil leak...... Think, hope it's now sorted............

That looks mean as F@#K !! :)

Lol cheers Jody!

Jonny I love it. It looks a real weapon - but also like no-one elses. The whole concept is unique, and for me that makes it so much better.

What wing are you going for btw? If it's of any use I had a carbon wing made for my vx by a chap called Simon McBeath. He wrote the book "Competition Car Downforce". It was a pukka thing, tested in the tunnel and so on. You could give him a try if he still does them. You might get some useful free advice on canards and splitters and sill extensions and what not while you're at it.

Jonny, mind if I pop up for a pax lap or two? Donny is 5 min from my house.

Look forward to it Alex, you'll be my first passenger on track.

Jonny I love it. It looks a real weapon - but also like no-one elses. The whole concept is unique, and for me that makes it so much better.

What wing are you going for btw? If it's of any use I had a carbon wing made for my vx by a chap called Simon McBeath. He wrote the book "Competition Car Downforce". It was a pukka thing, tested in the tunnel and so on. You could give him a try if he still does them. You might get some useful free advice on canards and splitters and sill extensions and what not while you're at it.

Thanks Dean. Actually yes I will very much be going for his advice on a wing and I have copied the position of his canards already (Simon M would say Dive Planes I'm sure lol) and the shape and length of his splitter. They are Reverie Canards and the shape the same as my old Reverie splitter albeit without the central lip. I will be going back to Simon F (Reverie) for both.

And thanks again for the kind comments everyone....... Better start saving for the sequential gearbox!

Thoroughly enjoyed going through this just now, and nice to see someone doing something a little bit different with the Exige, and doing a proper job of it too, big thumbs up! The thought and engineering put into some of the details is excellent.

Having been through this with a few cars I know how there is the highs and lows - but the results are always worth the effort - they certainly are in this case, well done.

Jonny

Archived