litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus in the Peak 2022

Elisemadray

Lotus in the Peak 2022 takes place over the weekend of 8th to 10th July 2022.  We are very proud to announce that this year’s event is in aid of Rainbows Hospice for children and young people with life limiting illnesses.  Have a look at rainbows.co.uk/about-rainbows to see the incredible work they do.  All profits will be passed on to this very deserving charity.

The event has a similar format to previous years but with the main event on Sunday 10th returning to Chatsworth House, as one of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire’s chosen supported charities for 2022.

The best way to enjoy LitP is to make a long weekend of it and enjoy the Peak District and Derbyshire Dales to the full as follows:

The weekend starts on the evening of Friday 8th with the LitP barbeque at Oakhill hotel in Cromford.  Oakhill is a charming Georgian hotel set in beautiful grounds with plenty of room to park safely. There is also a small camp site attached. Early bookings are advisable - please mention Lotus in the Peak. Other hotels, B&Bs and campsites to suit all budgets are available in the immediate area - search for accommodation in Cromford, Matlock Bath and Wirksworth.

Saturday is a free day to do as you please - the Peak District and Derbyshire Dales are very popular tourist destinations with lots to do and see.  Take a walk through the beautiful countryside and have a pub lunch, or visit one of the many local tourist attractions such as Hassop Hall, Bakewell with its picturesque riverside walk, shops and cafes, Castleton and its show caves, Matlock Bath with its cable cars, hire a bicycle on the High Peak trail, or visit the brand new Great British Car Journey museum at nearby Ambergate. If you can’t wait until Sunday to take your Lotus out for a drive then you can join in our ‘Pootle in the Peak’, or simply explore on your own. Round off a perfect day with a drink or two at Oakhill with fellow Lotus owners.

On Sunday the fun starts early with guided Lotus-only runs through the beautiful and spectacular Peak District. These runs are part of what makes the Litp format unique and are very popular - with over 100 lotuses taking part it makes for quite a sight.  

There are three routes to choose from, each with a different start point and of different length. Routes are carefully designed with the benefit of local knowledge to make the most of the best roads that the Peak District has to offer. Cars are split up into manageable groups of 10 or less, each group having its own group leader. An early morning start ensures that the roads are as clear as possible so that you can enjoy the drive without the nuisance of too much traffic. Once on the move a tried and tested run format means that you cannot lose your way and can drive at your own comfortable pace.  The LitP runs are MSA approved and we take great care to ensure they run safely and smoothly.

All runs and groups converge mid-morning for a breakfast stop at Hassop Station Cafe at which point Lotus drivers not booked on a run are welcome to join us.

After breakfast it's time to gather everyone together for the Grand Procession. Up to 150 Lotus cars make their way along public roads the short distance to the Chatsworth estate, where we have exclusive entry via the ‘Golden Gates’ allowing the last mile of the now Lotus-only procession to approach the House and the LitP area in spectacular fashion.

If you do not wish to take part in a run or the procession, we would still be delighted to welcome you into the Lotus only parking from 10.30am onwards. If you have friends or family attending in an 'ordinary' car there is plenty of additional parking close by. Attendees can visit the House, the gardens, the shop and restaurant, and the excellent adventure playground for children.

At the LitP show & picnic site the Lotus cars are informally parked around the club marquee and amongst the various trade and club stands. The site is a large, mostly flat grassed area situated directly in front of the House and by the riverbank.  The morning is spent admiring the cars and chatting with Lotus friends old and new.  An excellent gourmet picnic lunch box is available to pre-book but of course you can bring your own or buy lunch from Chatsworth. There will be a refreshments stall on site.

After lunch we have the prize giving for the popular 'Car of the Day' competition, the LitP raffle draw (with a host of impressive Lotus prizes), the charity auction and presentation of the Mark Hodgkinson trophy.  Activities and a quiz are organised for any children attending with prizes also given. 

This year we hope to have our most impressive array of Lotus cars ever.  We are particularly keen to invite along owners of historic and rare examples of Lotus road and racing cars.  If you have a barn find we would love to see it! 

Although organised by Midlands Lotus Owners Club this is an event for all Lotus owners and all Lotus owners’ clubs. We would love to see as many club stands as possible.  If you wish to discuss details of club stands please PM elisemadray  Ray

Trade stands are welcome – we don’t charge a fee but do ask for a voluntary contribution towards our supported charity Rainbows.  If you wish to discuss your trade stand please PM elisemadray Ray

Litp Chatsworth.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

• Elisemadray changed the title to Lotus in the Peak 2022
  • Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

Hotel booked for the Saturday night.  
As a newbie, can I ask - do you need book onto the Sunday morning run in advance?

Just picked up my Elise S1 today, so hope to meet up & join some runs in the New Year.

17 minutes ago, S1_Jim said:

Hotel booked for the Saturday night.  
As a newbie, can I ask - do you need book onto the Sunday morning run in advance?

Just picked up my Elise S1 today, so hope to meet up & join some runs in the New Year.

That's Fantastic Jim, The 'Lotus in the Peak' store is not open yet we Hope to have it open in January all being well  then you will be able to purchase your ticket and pick your run 

and congratulations on getting a superb S1 your going to love it!

we look forward to seeing you :) 

Ray

2 minutes ago, tobyg said:

Genuinely gutted I won't be able to do this in 2022... but I am now without a Lotus 😧

Toby I am very sorry to Hear That :(  I hope you sold it not broke it, 

I do I hope we get to see you and your son again at some point

Have a Great Xmas

Ray

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/12/2021 at 14:06, Elisemadray said:

Toby I am very sorry to Hear That :(  I hope you sold it not broke it, 

I do I hope we get to see you and your son again at some point

Have a Great Xmas

Ray

Thanks Ray, decided to sell for a few reasons, but I'll be back in a Lotus in the future I'm sure :)

• 1 month later...

Archived