28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus in the Peak 2022

Elisemadray

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi all

Still need to book my place on LitP this year (just waiting for a new debit card to arrive).  My question though is about where people are staying?  I've seen very little discussion about campsites etc.  I will be camping with my 9 year old son, but we'd like to be with other LitP folks if possible.  Is there a preferred campsite?  Thanks.

Graham

12 minutes ago, GreyKnight said:

Hi all

Still need to book my place on LitP this year (just waiting for a new debit card to arrive).  My question though is about where people are staying?  I've seen very little discussion about campsites etc.  I will be camping with my 9 year old son, but we'd like to be with other LitP folks if possible.  Is there a preferred campsite?  Thanks.

Graham

Hi Graham, Try 'Oakhill Cromford' it's an hotel but has some Camping spots at a good price a number of us are staying there in the Hotel and some Camping, when you ring tell them it for Lotus in the Peak :) 

any problem let me know

Cheers

Ray

13 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

Hi Graham, Try 'Oakhill Cromford' it's an hotel but has some Camping spots at a good price a number of us are staying there in the Hotel and some Camping, when you ring tell them it for Lotus in the Peak :) 

any problem let me know

Cheers

Ray

Yes! What Ray says!

Oakhill is our LitP 'base' for the weekend and where the Friday night barbecue is, so if they have space you will be right in the centre of all the fun 🙂

14 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

any problem let me know

Cheers

Ray

Thanks

I just called Oakhill and the guy there said they usually only allow Camping & Caravan Club members to stay at their site - he's going to get the manager to call me back.

Are you all members?

1 hour ago, GreyKnight said:

Thanks

I just called Oakhill and the guy there said they usually only allow Camping & Caravan Club members to stay at their site - he's going to get the manager to call me back.

Are you all members?

Just Say It's for the 'Lotus in the Peak'  Event, we have had issues before  where not all the staff are aware of us

it should be OK ,  if you call again ask if Sharon the Manager is there

let me know if there is an issue or they are full

13 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

there are 30 for Ashbourne 59 for Matlock and 24 for the Classic from Hassop :) 

the BBQ is going well 58   picnic's 87 

Hopefully 2 more for Ashbourne Ray, but I already know it’s going to be touch and go getting the Elise resto done in time …..keep finding things that we can fix , restore and improve .

Archived