• Announcements

R5K

Garage to Service 111R

Hi All

Anyone use / used / recomend these https://www.stonesautogarage.com for servicing? going to be looking for somewhere near Chesterfield for MOT and service for my Elise 111R soon.

Richard

Must admit, never heard of them. It’s a bit further, but I’d be driving down the a38 to see Gav at Unit4 in Burton.

freezing cold workshop, no tea or coffee. Lotus Elan and mx5 in both corners (evening Colin). But he is top notch is our Gav.

Gav doesn't own a kettle. He thinks if he gets one the nice girl from next door won't bring him coffees.  Apart from that he is a top top bloke and knows Elises inside out and is very reasonably priced.  I have taken my Elise there for the last six years which says it all really - and he must be 40 miles from me.

I have never heard of the place in Mansfield which is odd as i live next door to there and keep my ear to the ground for all things Lotus.  They may be really good, who knows?

7 minutes ago, DeanB said:

I have never heard of the place in Mansfield which is odd as i live next door to there and keep my ear to the ground for all things Lotus.  They may be really good, who knows?

I still think you can’t beat recommendation is the best way to go 

23 hours ago, R5K said:

Hi All

Anyone use / used / recomend these https://www.stonesautogarage.com for servicing? going to be looking for somewhere near Chesterfield for MOT and service for my Elise 111R soon.

Richard

I’m in Chesterfield and I’ve used Gav at Unit 4 and Jon at Legacy Storm in Leicester. I would recommend them both. Never heard of Stones but looks interesting. I reckon they are slightly more expensive, definitely more expensive than Jon as he doesn’t charge VAT but a lot more convenient being pretty close to home.

• Thanks 1

Yeah that's Gav.

PJS are very good too.

• Confused 1

Gav will look after you. Very fair pricing and what he doesn’t know about Elise’s ain’t worth knowing. I can highly recommend him.

Mark

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Meister said:

Gav will look after you. Very fair pricing and what he doesn’t know about Elise’s ain’t worth knowing. I can highly recommend him.

Mark

GAV will sort you out very honest and has built a business on recommendation not advertising 

Gav, PJS and Central are all recommended on here. Personally I have used both Gav for my old S1 Elise and more recently PJS who now look after my Evora and I would highly recommend both, Gav as an independent and PJS if you want a dealer stamp...the choice is yours :)

For Evora service etc would be be best recommended Unit 4  , PJS or Central ?

i had central sort my handbrake under warranty they did a good job but then I wasn’t paying and it was a simple adjustment.

does unit 4 or PJS be more cost effective when it comes to MOT & service than Central ?