litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Garage to Service 111R

R5K

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I’ve seen both your motors down there foxy. I had a good nosy around your vx, very nice.

the mot place is around the corner. 

Colin, your Elan is now the new mx5. I have it on good authority the mx was going for an mot this week. So maybe gone soon (yeah right). 

• 2 months later...

Hi All

Got the Service and MOT done at PJS yesterday. Excelent service, Only real extra was a change of the Brake and cluch fluid which was off the scale above 4%.

I am going to need some new front tyres soon as the old ones are cracked although it passed the MOT, Any recommendations of where and what tyres to fit on the front at the moment it has the origanal Yokohama AD07 LTS tyres fitted, I am only using it on the road, good performance in damp and cold would be good.

Richard

I stick with the oem Yokos for road use - they were developed for the car by Yokohama and Lotus engineers. You can't do better in my opinion.

I thought brake and clutch fluid was a standard service item?  I have mine replaced every year

According to the Lotus schedule, pre 2010 annually post 2010 every 2 years. Dealer said that it should be done every two years. 

On 15/05/2018 at 21:31, R5K said:

Hi All

Got the Service and MOT done at PJS yesterday. Excelent service, Only real extra was a change of the Brake and cluch fluid which was off the scale above 4%.

I am going to need some new front tyres soon as the old ones are cracked although it passed the MOT, Any recommendations of where and what tyres to fit on the front at the moment it has the origanal Yokohama AD07 LTS tyres fitted, I am only using it on the road, good performance in damp and cold would be good.

Richard

I've put Yokohama AD08R on the front of my 111R (205 width on the exige wheels). I've been very happy with them.

I've ordered from blackcircles.com or mytyres.com, which is good for price, and had them fitted at the nearest place they deliver to, but that hasn't been very satifactory as they have no idea how to jack the car up properly.

So I'd like a recommended tyre fitter for Nottingham area too.

On ‎22‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 08:53, timbo said:

Paid a visit to PJS yesterday and was very happy with what I saw, so mine is now booked in with them for service & MOT.

Just back from collecting mine from PJS - excellent job all-round - serviced, MOT'd and clutch slave changed as it was starting to weep slightly. Car was immaculate on collection and issued with a comprehensive report of all work done, checks carried out, etc. As above it was the first time I'd used them so I'm pleased to recommend.

Nice drive home too, through twisty lanes, and got back about 5 mins before the rain started!

Archived