litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Garage to Service 111R

R5K

PJS and Central are both Lotus approved. Gav at Unit 4 and Jon at Legacy are both ex-Lotus, Peter Smith and Leicester Storm. I haven’t used the first two but I’m 99% sure you’d get the same service from the latter for less but without the bells and whistles of a nice showroom/workshop. 

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, CDM2018 said:

For Evora service etc would be be best recommended Unit 4  , PJS or Central ?

i had central sort my handbrake under warranty they did a good job but then I wasn’t paying and it was a simple adjustment.

does unit 4 or PJS be more cost effective when it comes to MOT & service than Central ? 

Best If in doubt give GAV a shout ( call) he will answer your questions !! 

Pjs and central advertise on this site but I only have experience with GAV . but I was also recommended a few years back now from on here 

I hope this helps 

1 hour ago, The Cakes said:

PJS and Central are both Lotus approved. Gav at Unit 4 and Jon at Legacy are both ex-Lotus, Peter Smith and Leicester Storm. I haven’t used the first two but I’m 99% sure you’d get the same service from the latter for less but without the bells and whistles of a nice showroom/workshop. 

Where is Peter Smith located or a web address ? I found legacy storm website thanks

i am more willing to use a garage that is fair and honest so surroundings are not major importance! 

The Unit 4 seems highly regarded but I haven’t yet seen an Evora review ?

12 hours ago, The Cakes said:

Gav used to work at Peter Smith before they went out of business. Gav is unit 4 and can turn his hand to any car not just Lotus. So an Evora shouldn’t be an issue. 

GAV has recently serviced a friend of mines Evora that has just come out of warranty !!!! 

Anyway I thought this was a thread on the servicing of a 111R  but GAV does the Evora as well 

I hope this helps

“ the choice is yours” 👍

Hi Richard - I also travel from Chesterfield to Gav at Unit 4 in Burton, for service, MOT etc

Knows his stuff, trustworthy, no bxxxsxxt, excellent value

Cafe 5 minutes walk down the road if you want a warm, drink or something to eat....

On 27/02/2018 at 22:10, CDM2018 said:

Where is Peter Smith located or a web address ? I found legacy storm website thanks

i am more willing to use a garage that is fair and honest so surroundings are not major importance! 

The Unit 4 seems highly regarded but I haven’t yet seen an Evora review ?

Vote for Gav at Unit 4 here. Wish I’d found him sooner!

He did the gear cable upgrade on my S1 Evora - about half the price of PJS and a third of Silverstone’s (who both have very good reputations). I would be happy for him to do any job on my Evora.

He also does my supercharged VX220. Highly recommended.

Now, let’s convince him to get some corner weight scales ;) 

Gav had an Evora in when mine went in for service last year and he shared with me his dismay at how much shredded rubber was stuck to the body - including on the roof!!

The owner had apparently taken it to Spa or the Neverbeenring or some such and given it plenty of large - he's a member on here but i shan't give away his name. He is 'fantastic' though.  😁😉😉

wow 

Dont think I will be doing that only track I get close to is the dog track on Friday night ! 

Good to know unit 4 is well renowned intrigued to know the gear cable upgrade Foxy mentioned in previous message what is it ?

1 hour ago, DeanB said:

Gav had an Evora in when mine went in for service last year and he shared with me his dismay at how much shredded rubber was stuck to the body - including on the roof!!

The owner had apparently taken it to Spa or the Neverbeenring or some such and given it plenty of large - he's a member on here but i shan't give away his name. He is 'fantastic' though.  😁😉😉

He did get all the rubber off though...I wasn’t looking forward to that job :lol:

23 minutes ago, CDM2018 said:

wow 

Dont think I will be doing that only track I get close to is the dog track on Friday night ! 

Good to know unit 4 is well renowned intrigued to know the gear cable upgrade Foxy mentioned in previous message what is it ?

If you don’t go on track you are missing a real treat, the Evora is amazing! It is addictive though :lol:

Early Evora’s had a crap gear cable design (well, not just the early ones :P )

Here’s my thread on TLF https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/91073-launch-edition-new-gear-cables-fitted/

But there’s loads of other info there: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=evora+gear+cable+upgrade+site:www.thelotusforums.com&rlz=1C9BKJA_enGB701GB701&hl=en-GB&prmd=sniv&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjD1seH683ZAhVBmbQKHeFKCusQrQIoBDADegQIABAI&biw=1024&bih=748

Is Unit 4 an MOT test center or does he send them to someone else for the test? Only test center I can find for that post code is M AND P TESTING...

Rich

1 hour ago, R5K said:

Is Unit 4 an MOT test center or does he send them to someone else for the test? Only test center I can find for that post code is M AND P TESTING...

Rich

GAV services my car then sends it out for MOT !! no problem 

I hope this helps 

Archived