litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Honda Engine Elise Build

danwebster

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'll update properly later, i've just got home and i'm having a quick bite to eat.

We haven't finished mapping yet as we discovered the firmware for the ecu was incorrect and so the vtc controller wasn't swinging the inlet cam timing as it should.

However, its already made 205hp and we're not finished yet. Unfortunately Ian had to go, although in fairness after being sat in my car for 6 hours he'd probably had a belly full anyway.

Despite not being finished and with a cracked manifold, i've just driven it home and its fucking quick, much quicker than the stealth car.

Its got enough poke to light up both hot and sticky rear tyres in 30 degree heat off an island i've discovered, i've just been up the road sideways leaving a pair of black lines behind me punk.gif

Not weighed yet but i'll get it on the corner weights at some point.

Phil, I hope so. Now that i've eaten my lunch i've got to go out and weld the manifold and put all the bodywork back together....its going to be tight but I'll do my best.

I er, stumbled across a video of a French gentleman out for a drive in the country...

He must be related to you as he's pretty good at pedaling an Elise too ;)

Hehe thanks Leigh.

Jody, its a k20z4 - uk fn2 civic type R, with an RRC manifold, 70mm throttle body, ultra light weight flywheel and balanced bottom end.

It does go pretty well :D

Dan, thanks for posting that. Im in France next week. I see they now drive on the right?

Only in certain provinces...

This is especially for you Leigh...

null_zps78fce67a.jpg

Archived