Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Greg.g

Greg.g

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ali here

I've just rang the hospital this morning. Still the same, hopefully he will get stronger bit by bit. I'm going to hospital this afternoon with my sister again. He still need's lot's

of rest and all my love, which i will give for forever.

I will update bit later, when i get back from the hospital.

Thanks again for all you're support amd love.

Take Care

Ali xxx

Hi Ali here

I've just got back from the hospital. The latest update on Greg at the moment he still got some infection is chest, because the last few day's he has breathing through a tube and the machine has been doing the breathing for him. You can tell when you talk to him, he will look at you, the problem is he will remove the mask to talk. When i got there this afternoon, i spent a hour in the waiting room as they were doing some physio, she said she was quiet pleased, i asked him to do it and he did it. The nurse did say were are you and he said Scotland i think !!! She said you are in the QE and you have had major surgery on you're brain. Oh he said !!!

I think he is aware of the plaster's on his head, he move's around and he look's for my hand to hold and give's it a liitle squeeze and i squeeze back. The problem like i said he keep's talking the mask, in the end they but mit's on his hand's to stop him taking the mask.

Some how he has found a way to get the mit's, it sound's like the old Greg, being a trouble maker!!!

Before i left i stroked is head and he seemed to drop off to sleep. Before i left, i told him i will see him tomorrow afternoon, because in the morning , i think they are very busy and it give's chance to get on with there dutie's. I told him i love you very much and he said i love to.

I will keep everyone updated on his progress.

Take Care

Ali xx

I popped in to see Greg after work but he was sound asleep. I just sat with him for a little while, then had a chat with the nurse and came home. The nurse said that she would tell him that I'd been to see him!

Hi Ali Here

I've just spoken to the hospital, he was fast a sleep, i think he worn himself out !!!! Our friend's Jeff & Karen, saw him yesterday evening

as soon has he saw them he was trying to take the oxygen mask off !!! The problem was he had mit's on, but some how he had found a way to get them off, he had obviously, worked out by putting his hand under his arm, he could pull them off and get at the mask.

Karen said he obviously, worked out how to get them off and using his brain to work it out. Karen said you little sod he's so stubborn like that. They have but on a better mask on. I'm going back tis afternoon to see him and will do until he come's home in the future.

Thank-you for the good wish's , i have passed them on to him and he gave a smile.

Take care

Ali xxx

Hi Ali here

I've got the latest update on Greg. Sometime tonight, he will be moved to High Dedepency Cat 2, this mean's he will moved and will looked after by 1 nurse per 2 patient's. The other thing, last night, somehow, he removed the drainage tub in this head, i don't think they were very impressed !!! I think , he's becoming himself bit by bit. They are still doing quiet a bit physio on him, they are very pleased on his progress. He's certainly, getting stronger, he squeeze's my hand very tightly, especially my left hand, i do say Ouch !!!

He's also, using his left handside of body , because they operated on his rightside of his head, he bring's his left hand to his head and move's around quiet a bit in the bed. He also has some infection in his rightside of chest, mainly because of the tube used when they put in a coma. My friend Jeff, came to him this afternoon , he was quiet a talk with Jeff, Jeff is really pleased to see just how much better he is, after he saw him Sunday afternoon , Jeff said he would have bursted into tear's !!!

Just before we left, Jeff said goodbye and gave really good squeeze with his left hand, Jeff said that's really good sign he's making good progress.

Take care

Alixx

Hi Ali here

I've just spoken to the hospital this morning. They said he had a very comforable night. I'm going to see him this afternoon.

Take Care

Alixx

Hi Ali here

I think Greg is i think !!! He does have a very nice blonde nurse called Holly, looking after him the other day. Even Jeff said Greg, you have a very nice young blonde nurse looking after you. To be honest , she does look very young, she could even be my daughter.

Jeff did say, can we change place's !!!!

Take Care

Ali x

Archived