litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Greg.g

Greg.g

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Having made it through the first 48 hours, it looks like you could be stuck with Greg a little longer Ali!

The next bit could be a long road but I guess they've told you that. After the initial shock you need to make sure you're looking after yourself too: adrenaline gets you through the first bit, then you hit a dip, so make sure you've got plenty of family & friends around you. You know you're among friends on here.

Saw this cross posted on SELOC last night. Sorry to hear, Ali, but sounds like you got the ambulance out just in time. :(

Thanks for taking the time out to keep us updated - I know it can't be easy. Best wishes to you both and hoping for a full recovery for Greg.

Greg was awake when I visited after work this evening. He knows what colour his Lotus is so things are looking up. He is moving his arms and legs too, so all in all, he looks much better.

Hi Ali hear

I've not been home that long from Hospital. I have some positive new's !!!

Over the last 12 hour's they have been reducing the sedation, very slowly, he's obviously very aware of the tube in his throat, he

obviously trying to take it. Late this afternoon, they decided to see if he could breathe without a machine, he has started to breathe

on his own, obviously they have given him kneberliazer to get rid off the crap of his chest. My mum said to him were are you and he

said hospital, and she said hear's Alison he turned round and smiled . I said to him i love you and he said i love you back, with a smile. My friend Jeff and his partner, came and saw him, the lst thing he said were's Alison, so Jeff, went and got me back .

If you ask him little question's what car have you got , he said Lotus and what colour red. Jeff asked were did you go on you're holiday's 2 week's ago Hope Cove in Devon. Jeff said can i drive you car the answer was No !!! jeff just laughed, that mean's No.

The nurse did ask what day of the week was it, he said i don't know and who's the Prime Minister , did know, but if she asked what

car he had he said Lotus and what colour Red.

There's obviously a long way to go and this is were the hard work begin's.

There's one thing , that made laugh, crikey does drop horrible fart's !!! they are terrible.

Can i also say a big thank-you to Liz, for coming over after work, Liz can certainly testify to that horrible fart's.

I'm going back to hospital tomorrow afternoon, with my sister, this will give Greg a chance to get some rest and also myself , because

i need to be strong for him know .

I will keep everyone updated on his progress.

Ali xx

Really positive news there Ali, did bring a happy tear to my eye reading it - shouldnt really admit that on here and should 'man up' a little lol. Cant imagine all the things you are going through at the minute but sounds like you have some brill people around you, especially Liz :)

Archived