Emira at Central Lotus

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just been to have a look at the Emira, it does look very tasty, getting a little more tempted   excuse my poor Photographic skills 

Not sure boosted is the right word Dave, I would say Ray was  PUSHED or s-t-r--e---t---c--h-e-d  He never even broke sweat though, came through like a trooper

I was there too, must have just missed you Ray! The doors couldn't be shut because the hardware (hinges, latches, handles etc) is not strong enough for repeated opening and closing, the hinges are alr

Posted Images

They do look even better in the flesh.  Do it Ray, could just see you in one of these!!   :)

20 minutes ago, M@r]{ said:

They do look even better in the flesh.  Do it Ray, could just see you in one of these!!   :)

Got an Emira Experience Track and Road Booked for next year, that will be the decider :) 

27 minutes ago, Phil Hutchins said:

Isn’t that the one that you ‘stole’ from me, Ray?😂😂😂

Thx for pics. Why couldn’t the doors be closed?!

😂 you mean the one you made me pay extra to get 😁

no Idea why the doors couldn't be shut ?  a funny thing though it didn't have a real engine but it did have a little electric engine to move it about, 

I was there too, must have just missed you Ray! The doors couldn't be shut because the hardware (hinges, latches, handles etc) is not strong enough for repeated opening and closing, the hinges are already sagging due to the amount of use they have had in earlier viewing days. The Lotus guy I was speaking to went to great lengths to explain to me that this is really just a 'model' car and nowhere near up to production quality/specification. When I asked him nicely he gently closed the passenger door so that I could get a proper photo of the car's lines.....

P1020948.JPG

It's very pretty indeed but it makes even an Exige V6 look tiny in comparison!

I think it might look even better in yellow? ....hmmmm.....

Edited by duncx
  • Like 1
23 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

😂 you mean the one you made me pay extra to get 😁

no Idea why the doors couldn't be shut ?  a funny thing though it didn't have a real engine but it did have a little electric engine to move it about, 

You’re both wrong - it was stolen from my dear wife, who, unbeknown to me, was treating me to it as a 50th birthday present !

Having now had said birthday, I’m not complaining though - she has bought me a lovely new watch instead 👍🏻

Edited by Daveb99
23 hours ago, duncx said:

I was there too, must have just missed you Ray! The doors couldn't be shut because the hardware (hinges, latches, handles etc) is not strong enough for repeated opening and closing, the hinges are already sagging due to the amount of use they have had in earlier viewing days. The Lotus guy I was speaking to went to great lengths to explain to me that this is really just a 'model' car and nowhere near up to production quality/specification. When I asked him nicely he gently closed the passenger door so that I could get a proper photo of the car's lines.....

P1020948.JPG

It's very pretty indeed but it makes even an Exige V6 look tiny in comparison!

I think it might look even better in yellow? ....hmmmm.....

Same problem at Goodwood.  Day 1 - everyone crawling in and out.   Later that day, nobody allowed to open the doors…….

For Christ’s sake, only Lotus could launch a car made of balsa …..

21 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

You’re both wrong - it was stolen from my dear wife, who, unbeknown to me, was treating me to it as a 50th birthday present !

Having now had said birthday, I’m not complaining though - she has bought me a lovely new watch instead 👍🏻

think she fell short Dave did you get a £10 Timex 😂

Had a really long think about this, but I've done my config and the second deposit is paid. So I'm still in, for now! :unsure:

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Elisemadray said:

think she fell short Dave did you get a £10 Timex 😂

Omega.

I seem to recall your winning bid was boosted with the contributions of two others……😉

Edited by Daveb99