litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Emira at Central Lotus

Elisemadray

7 hours ago, duncx said:

Had a really long think about this, but I've done my config and the second deposit is paid. So I'm still in, for now! :unsure:

Fantastic! What spec have you gone for? And when did you put your initial deposit down?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Daveb99 said:

Omega.

I seem to recall your winning bid was boosted with the contributions of two others……😉

Not sure boosted is the right word Dave, I would say Ray was  PUSHED or s-t-r--e---t---c--h-e-d  :lol: He never even broke sweat though, came through like a trooper :)

25 minutes ago, M@r]{ said:

Fantastic! What spec have you gone for? And when did you put your initial deposit down?

Spec will remain secret for the moment, mainly for fear of ridicule :lol: I paid a deposit through Oakmere the day before the car was revealed at Hethel, and then I paid the official Lotus deposit as soon as it was possible. So in theory I should be quite high up the list.

I'm still concerned about a few things though, my biggest worry being headroom. My head was touching the roof in the show car and nobody from Lotus seems to know how much more headroom there really will be :( I am far from certain that I will go through with it!

4 minutes ago, duncx said:

Spec will remain secret for the moment, mainly for fear of ridicule :lol: I paid a deposit through Oakmere the day before the car was revealed at Hethel, and then I paid the official Lotus deposit as soon as it was possible. So in theory I should be quite high up the list.

I'm still concerned about a few things though, my biggest worry being headroom. My head was touching the roof in the show car and nobody from Lotus seems to know how much more headroom there really will be :( I am far from certain that I will go through with it!

Yeah you should be one of the early ones. I put mine down the day after launch, been told I should be one of the first 500 cars to come off the run. Not sure what that’s based on though.  I’m 80% sure I’ll go ahead. Things that could cause me to pull the plug:  if the point we put in the final deposit (Dec/Jan) they say expected delivery for my slot is August or later.  And if they don’t offer the 50/50 finance deal they offer on all their new cars.  With demand so strong I’m not sure they will?

Spec wise I had pretty much made my mind up on Nimbus with red leather and callipers, but I’ve had reservations that the silver could look a little boring?  So I think I’ve now decided on the blue with ice leather.  I know the blue will be one of the more common colours (originally put me off) but still a rare car compared to most porkers.  Not decided on wheels and callipers though, black looks good but could look lost, so think I’ll go diamond cut. Callipers??? Help! :)

The next dilemma was Touring vs Sport, I was set on Touring but after quite a long conversation with Gavin Kershaw at Rybrook last week, think I’ll go for Sport (and that’s me telling him I doubt the car will see a track)

20 minutes ago, PJT said:

I’m thinking black callipers with the diamond cut/yellow with the black wheels

I think you're right, that's where I'm leaning I think.  If I went for the Nimbus/silver, I think I'd want to add some colour, but with the blue?...  Keep it all clean.  I would be looking to replace the yellow wheel badges with black, bonnet badge too (when they're available)   

Capture_2JPG.thumb.JPG.aa5ec8624f9b47304180b21710425f60.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.0f2743f00b544f83a23b6c9433fe5a64.JPG2103322548_2frtQBluegrey.thumb.JPG.dbedc3d5233102367fd1b1ec76026c10.JPG377695484_2sideBluegreyblk.thumb.JPG.a4ed1d53ea3e7061da5ab7d470df23a2.JPG390756195_2sideBluegrey.thumb.JPG.24313846f80faf18700a0bc216851d40.JPG

41 minutes ago, M@r]{ said:

I think you're right, that's where I'm leaning I think.  If I went for the Nimbus/silver, I think I'd want to add some colour, but with the blue?...  Keep it all clean.  I would be looking to replace the yellow wheel badges with black, bonnet badge too (when they're available)   

Capture_2JPG.thumb.JPG.aa5ec8624f9b47304180b21710425f60.JPG

Capture.thumb.JPG.0f2743f00b544f83a23b6c9433fe5a64.JPG2103322548_2frtQBluegrey.thumb.JPG.dbedc3d5233102367fd1b1ec76026c10.JPG377695484_2sideBluegreyblk.thumb.JPG.a4ed1d53ea3e7061da5ab7d470df23a2.JPG390756195_2sideBluegrey.thumb.JPG.24313846f80faf18700a0bc216851d40.JPG

This is 100% the combo I would go for.  Light interior works really well with the blue 👍🏻

Oh ok OK, you talked me into it - no big secret really, it's just that I change my mind on a daily basis :lol:

YellowEmira1.thumb.jpg.33858c6fe2a827d019fb3e4974900a2b.jpg

So that's yellow body, no black pack, silver wheels, touring suspension, red calipers, ice grey interior, no privacy glass.

That's the spec I've submitted but I could change my mind when/if we finally get to see the ice leather sample, and there's talk of some cars being sprayed in the correct colours and being photographed for all to see so that could be a real eye opener.

43 minutes ago, duncx said:

Oh ok OK, you talked me into it - no big secret really, it's just that I change my mind on a daily basis :lol:

YellowEmira1.thumb.jpg.33858c6fe2a827d019fb3e4974900a2b.jpg

So that's yellow body, no black pack, silver wheels, touring suspension, red calipers, ice grey interior, no privacy glass.

That's the spec I've submitted but I could change my mind when/if we finally get to see the ice leather sample, and there's talk of some cars being sprayed in the correct colours and being photographed for all to see so that could be a real eye opener.

That does look good. Ive leather is an interesting choice, silver wheels too. That’s pretty much Schmee150’s spec except he’s gone for the black pack.

It is really annoying they didn’t have ice leather samples, I wanted to see how it went alongside Nimbus.  

Colour wise, I’m hearing rumours that they may lighten Verdant Green. If so that could become a contender.  Would be good if they paint some of the cars, those samples were a bit rubbish. 

Have you decided on Sport or Touring?  And assume V6? Manual or Auto?

3 hours ago, M@r]{ said:

That does look good. Ive leather is an interesting choice, silver wheels too. That’s pretty much Schmee150’s spec except he’s gone for the black pack.

It is really annoying they didn’t have ice leather samples, I wanted to see how it went alongside Nimbus.  

Colour wise, I’m hearing rumours that they may lighten Verdant Green. If so that could become a contender.  Would be good if they paint some of the cars, those samples were a bit rubbish. 

Have you decided on Sport or Touring?  And assume V6? Manual or Auto?

Always been manual V6, last week it was 100% definitely Sport (after driving an Evora 410 with Sports suspension), then it was Touring (after talking to the Lotus guys, now it might be Sport again (after reading your post) :surrender:

The other part I'm unsure about is the Ice Grey Leather - not seen a sample (of course) so I'm not certain how it will work with yellow. If it's more grey it will look great but if it's more white then it won't. Not sure what I would do in that case?

I think Schmee has specced black calipers to match his black pack, I prefer to see the calipers through the silver wheels so red it is. I think it will work, if not then black or silver paint is cheap enough :lol:

Archived