litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Longing to return...

Stik

Ello!

Various events coincided a couple of years ago and forced me into selling my Exige :(  But now things are looking up, moved into my "forever home" (i hate that phrase), got my health sorted out, and had a baby daughter.  Finances are back in line again, and desperate to get back in a Lotus!   Really hoping to find one before this year is out.  I've been driving around in an ancient and very rusty SLK for the last 18 months, and it's just not the same :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey Stik!  Welcome back to MLOC!  Good to hear you and yours are well.  Get a k series elise, just as much fun as all the others, not so expensive and will probably slowly creep up in value. You know it makes sense 😁  I have had mine for ten years now and still love it.

On 23/09/2020 at 09:05, DeanB said:

Hey Stik!  Welcome back to MLOC!  Good to hear you and yours are well.  Get a k series elise, just as much fun as all the others, not so expensive and will probably slowly creep up in value. You know it makes sense 😁  I have had mine for ten years now and still love it.

...bump 👍😉

Thanks guys :)  I am a sucker for the S3 tho!  I did think about an Evora, and there's no denying they're pretty affordable now, but i figure if the kid's in the back then i'm going to be driving it like it's a mondeo anyhow, so may as well go for the traditional two seater and avoid getting vomit on things

I've got three friends with k-series engines now (mg-tf, caterham, some old rover thing) and all three of them seem to spend their weekends endlessly fixing things.  I don't think i have the skill or patience for that :)

Hey Stik, welcome back, I think we met during the 2016 trip to Hethel, I remember your red Roadster in the car park at the breakfast stop.    I second Dean's recommendation, but then I’m biased....both of my S1's are an absolute hoot to drive, I’m having more fun than I had in my V6 Roadster, at slower speeds too, that’s for sure.  Can’t deny that the V6 is a great package at well under £40k for early ones though...

There's a tasty looking evora for sale in Lancaster as the moment, but it makes me uneasy because it's so far away and the dealer selling it seems to be a big unknown.  Is a long way to go just to find out it's got problems, and my weekends are pretty valuable these days!  Why are these things never near by :)

• 2 weeks later...

Gave in and went to buy this today :D

yDFgy-6JmAgczymYjxkUBErL-UOqTVYwFieoTRLVZ-UBgn0ZQi_VrxV4wXE8cSAI2-w5rU7zZ_n2hRooqbDM0CfrxRQPWm5GFtCC_g42qC1JvtxscsOUe0DjCbqtxLRDLYd_ETg11TZrRzhvd2qcxYzhBhACTBRKcMdbc4edjiaeAoclnL782ekqvWwANaWCDmT0n-oY9V6Bj_xEa1i9Z6p8gn_LZ_JrwP-1_FYmC_8R6VL-sVhgovpZgOBW9d5-DoaNxvNAPOftxOUFmI93UN9EnGwhoXYY8g5UlRjYPTEAh3EGUMXIHpUim3yHWFAXnW5Eu3VAw_gPfUVQnBu5TIljN7JmqiW1CZviOq9dRjt8XiTAA4d0Xtz3xJyfjQUcFrDdiOEfY5xVjks-O7IVXgzXNxt92hK8KrUXoodjxq2fOqK_OWMZ1n9C5_-GBk_jQdF6exdzDL8SilDm9lXagipZrVkHnMvWO-rPA6Wtu4YRlWy2e69SF97o4l2dNZfzni9pgu81YOP3wQX58wznLJ__9Esky-n5x1HxlH0nHIZQ2Gn8NPr4yXXQP99h2urLncqyHzXEvLveqVGCaCnlyhlLVk4umuWc63nc3UKXklEZqCJKwHxNB4FNttVe-ZqcMehzRE-SuJoOXbPkhneXhak9O4meWkmaS38E17CNlp2oW1JeB0J-mBIvVMjfUYg=w1743-h1307-no?authuser=0

It's almost identical to my old one, same age, etc, but has a hardtop as well this time.  It feels so good to be back in a real car!  Looking forward to next year and being allowed to use it to go to places again...  

Also, bonus because i don't have to change my forum icon ;) 

I'll keep an eye out!  I so rarely see other Lotuses around this area, very very occasionally saw a green exige on the A1 last year up toward Newark, but i don't think i've seen a single Lotus this year.   Lots of caterhams (or similar) though.  Maybe caterham drivers are less afraid to brave the plague infected wastelands :)

Archived