litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

4yrs and its gone.... but the replacement is on its way :)

M@r]{

So after 4yrs of ownership my 4th Lotus has left my ownership :/  I'm really sad to see it go, was the best all round Lotus I've ever had, so capable on track yet a breeze to drive on the road.  And aside from a minor issue it had that the resolution has proved elusive, it was so reliable.  So why did I sell the Exige?  I needed to free up some cash, mainly because I was a little extravagant on my other car purchase.  So I set myself a £10k budget to get a track toy.  As I have my Aston I could get something a lot less practical.  It also needed to be as quick if not quicker than the Exige.  So I was only really looking at Kit Cars to achieve that.  So two weeks of looking and I've done my usual, fell for something way over budget!  I managed to negotiate a very decent discount but still well over budget.  So basically I havent freed up the cash I wanted but boy I'm going to have some fun in this!  Planning to get on a decent amount of track days this year, maybe do some sprints.  And of course some Sunday morning Peaks runs :)

IMG_0678.PNG

IMG_4244.PNG

IMG_0692.JPG

IMG_0695.JPG

16939314_1841641616085377_6934079509817204156_n.jpg

IMG_0693.JPG

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
23 hours ago, Phil S1 said:

Wow, that looks like fun, a 340r crossed with Mclaren F1 and Scooby...How much power does it put out?

Hope you've got some good weather proof gear though ;-)

Can't wait to get it!  I haven't even driven it yet, in fact not seen it in the flesh!  So bought blind aside from my Dad going to have a look. :)

Power its at 330 on the higher boost map.  Engine internals tweaked so can go to 450?  Apparently it's been mapped with reducing lag in mind, so turbo spools up nice and early.  

Archived