litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

What Do You Think....

scatty

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scatty - Gav know these Honda conversion really well now from working on mine and Bis's cars, so you'll be OK :smile:

The performance will blow your mind. What HP is the Evo?

The Evo was 450bhp but was like a fat lass compared to a lotus...

I've sent Gav a grovelling apology for leaving his flock, it looks like I will be welcome back, I have missed Gav it must be said.... :-) as well as the General Mloc family...

Any questions I need to be asking regarding this car. It hasn't done many miles since he's had it by the looks of it...

Oh I'm off to view it on Sunday..... Can't stop smiling....

The Evo was 450bhp but was like a fat lass compared to a lotus...

I've sent Gav a grovelling apology for leaving his flock, it looks like I will be welcome back, I have missed Gav it must be said.... :-) as well as the General Mloc family...

Any questions I need to be asking regarding this car. It hasn't done many miles since he's had it by the looks of it...

Oh I'm off to view it on Sunday..... Can't stop smiling....

I think that car is about 350ish, maybe a bit more, so will be very quick.

Check that the SC nose bearings aren't noisy (they can wear). Check it idles OK, the IACV can stick if they sit for a while. Maybe you could get Gav to check it over?

Also have a look at the driveshaft gaiters as they can split on the Honda conversions. Listen for knocking suspension. The high power can wear out rear wishbone bushes (nit sure what sort are on it). 

TBH Dan spent a hell of a lot of time, money and effort on that car, s unless the current owner has treated it like crap it should be a good one.

Great car in build and performance i would love to own something like this it has been up for sale by the same owner last year and didnt sell im sure there is notbing wrong with the car but the price so do negotiate

Scatty, I've replied to your message with an honest opinion on the car and things that I know. As Lee said, it's a good car which had a very lavished life in Dan's hands and its previous owner.

Cheers

Archived