• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

Midlands Lotus Owners Club (MLOC)

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M@r]{

Trackday Video - Mloc / Lot @ Blyton Park 08/03/14

20 posts in this topic

Venue: Blyton Park, Lincs

Organisers: Lotus on Track

Date: 8th March 2014

Camera Car: 2006 Exige 250s

Only remember I had the camera with me after lunch bangin.gif Then a decision where to put it. Inside on the rear window doesn't give the greatest viewing area when you have a passenger in the car (which I did) So decided to experiment. Had a chat with Pete from LOT who agreed I could go ahead. So I used the suction mount to attach it to the front of the front clam, then cable tied it to the towing eye as backup.

And the footage? I'm really pleased with it. It is a long video but I've tried to edit it to include the parts where I'm behind other cars, so hopefully I have a lot of you captured in the video. (oh and make sure you increase the quality of the video, settings in the bottom right of the video screen) Enjoy......

Is the overtaking on the right because it's a anti clockwise circuit? Would fuddle my brain after years of overtaking on the left on trackdays.

Is the overtaking on the right because it's a anti clockwise circuit? Would fuddle my brain after years of overtaking on the left on trackdays.

It fuddled me at first!

That first bit - when I was running with Curvy's car and G and Mark worked his way through us was my favourite part of the day. We were running close together for a good few laps taling it in turns to lead. Tremendous stuff.

P.s I loved your car Mark. Thanks for the pax.

That first bit - when I was running with Curvy's car and G and Mark worked his way through us was my favourite part of the day. We were running close together for a good few laps taling it in turns to lead. Tremendous stuff.

P.s I loved your car Mark. Thanks for the pax.

No probs Dean - and thanks for the pointers. Made use of the backing off the throttle tip to bring the nose in, although on one occasion I didn't get back on quick enough and ended up with some big oversteer drive1.gif

I did that a couple of times - it is quite exciting though with a third of a turn of opposite lock on in a fourth gear corner!

That's what I love about Blyton - there is that really fast section which is genuinely thrilling, especially on the inner circuit layout.

Brill video mark!

Started sorting mine out last night but drifted off while doing so. Will get the edits finished and put up tonight .

Some great video footage.

Below is hopefully some footage from me. This is the first time i have used the camera and you tube etc.

Its easy to see where things can be improved when you watch your driving back.

good video Alan, just sorting mine out at the moment.

after saturday i've come to the conclusion i need lessons on how to peddle.

I took advantage of the free tuition on the day. However it was at 9:30am so had not really had much time to get used to the car.

The guy was very helpful, its a shame i couldn't hear him very well.

I think you was definitely going a lot quicker in the afternoon.

yeah, was pushing a little bit hard in the afternoon.
wasn't overly sure on the suspension setup due to not long having swapped back to standard, oh and i didn't want to break it..

here's a quick video of lee's outing in the afternoon...

Scatty- A few laps before your "moment" with Andy you was behind me. I really thought that you was going to end up in the back of my car some point. He was really on the edge. This was the main reason i let you past. then he nearly lost on the first corner after you over took me. I then decided to back right off and proceeded to do a bit of a cool down lap. It was on this lap the red flags came out.

I have nothing on camera though.

C1rvy- The revised circuit initially was challenging and did appear to upset the flow of the circuit. Then i got used to it and it really suited the S1 over the heavier cars. With this in mind i liked it after a few good laps.

• Similar Content

• By M@r]{
      So after 4yrs of ownership my 4th Lotus has left my ownership :/  I'm really sad to see it go, was the best all round Lotus I've ever had, so capable on track yet a breeze to drive on the road.  And aside from a minor issue it had that the resolution has proved elusive, it was so reliable.  So why did I sell the Exige?  I needed to free up some cash, mainly because I was a little extravagant on my other car purchase.  So I set myself a £10k budget to get a track toy.  As I have my Aston I could get something a lot less practical.  It also needed to be as quick if not quicker than the Exige.  So I was only really looking at Kit Cars to achieve that.  So two weeks of looking and I've done my usual, fell for something way over budget!  I managed to negotiate a very decent discount but still well over budget.  So basically I havent freed up the cash I wanted but boy I'm going to have some fun in this!  Planning to get on a decent amount of track days this year, maybe do some sprints.  And of course some Sunday morning Peaks runs

• By M@r]{
      Mak XLR light weight wheels in Toyota fitment. Perfect fit for an S2 Exige, may fit Elise?  Shod with Advan A048's with legal tread. Easily enough tread for another track day or two. Wheels are in immaculate condition, no kerbing at all.
      Would make a great upgrade from the OEM y spokes or to have as a second set of wheels with winter or all season tyres on.  
      Two of them have lost the lotus badge off the centre caps.  Caps are still present, just needs a couple of those gel coat stickers from eBay. 
      Ive also got some more semi slick tyres that can be included for the right price.  I have 4 tears and 2 fronts. All have at least 3mm of tread.
      Collection from NN14 (30secs off the A14 in Northamptonshire). Can also arrange Collection from Northampton or Leicester. 
    • By Darren888
      Hi All,
      New to the Lotus scene and just purchased a purple S2 elise, yes a purple aubergine elise that many on forums seem to hate! But each to their own and i love the colour.

I have a few rather boring questions i'm hoping someone could point me in the right direction?

1) Interior Trim - Just noticed part of the interior trim has a tear, is there a store that is generally not over priced that people use for parts? (its the panel that houses the speaker and light switches on the driver side)

2) Window Trim - The black exterior window seal appears to have had its day and has formed a bubbling effect, where best to purchase such a replacement item?...any pointers?

3) Tyres - Currently sitting on AD07 all round and i'm having to replace both sets of rears, a tad confused many here swear by AD08 but i won't be running it on a track nor do i want to be caught out in the rain. Its not my daily car but nor do I want to be rushing home as soon a dark cloud appears, I also don't wish to be replacing tyres every year and some say it doesn't wear well. Is AD07 a discontinued item and replaced by AD08's?

Would I be mad to consider putting on Goodyear Eagle F1 tyres on the rear?

Thanks.
    • By Central Lotus
      Lotus Elise carbon fibre engine cover, the logo is optional, can be customised. Price: £299 Call to purchase. 

The first of our carbon fibre range, this will include; Engine covers(elise and exige), wing mirrors, door inserts and more to come.

For more information please call: 01159 123 400 or email: connor@centrallotus.com