litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Am I Mental? Mx-5 / M100 Content.

the DustRoom

No self respecting Lotus owner should even consider buying an MX5. Saw several yesterday during a blat round the Peak District & not one had their top down - protecting their haircuts methinks.

Toupees more like! ;)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No self respecting Lotus owner should even consider buying an MX5. Saw several yesterday during a blat round the Peak District & not one had their top down - protecting their haircuts methinks.

Can't be right, when i was running the peaks and pennines section of the mx5oc, we use to go top down every sunday even in the snow...

All the mx5 owners (mk1 are the best, a bit like with the elise) are not delicate drivers... i remember ken savage (ET and lotus cup racer) driving a red mk1 at castle combe and it was not easy to keep up...

Our good MilesH is rather quick in one of these...

Still can't make my mind up with this; don't know if slimming my car collection down is better.

New camera purchase will slow the search but I think if I see a very nice M100 for the right price it may just change my mind.

I do like the look of a mk1 Merlot MX-5 though

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
After much deliberation I've finally decided.

The M100 was working out to be too expensive in order to get something half decent I'm afraid.

I've just done the deal on a UK 1993 mk1 1.6 SE (2nd release):

mx5_01.jpg

mx5_07.jpg

I'll maybe swap this for an M100 in a year or two - unless I decide to race it.

Archived