litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Potential New Owner - What To Get?

Stik

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah i'm with you 100%, but to be honest i'm not actually after a CR specifically, but i am quite fond of a black on white Exige so this kindof ticks the boxes :) If it was still in the CR colours then it would be even better, but having seen 2 out of the 25 CRs in the last month i suspect the chances of coming across one of the remaining 23 (if that!) in the next month or two is slim...

They do have another white 2010 Exige S with pretty much the same spec but it's a few thousand dearer and i think i actually prefer the slightly older design, the widebody wing just doesn't look as good imo

My only problem with this one is the number plate! And the rear motif, but hopefully it's vinyl and i can peel that off. I'd also like to get the Lotus letters put back on, assuming i buy it

Recognise this car. I remember me and G sitting behind it for a while on the motorway a few months back and discussing it. Didnt realise it started life as a genuine CR (well still is), thought it was a DIY jobby when I saw it because of the colour.

It is still a very nice looking car but I am biased when it comes to white Elises/Exiges obviously.

You may have to wait a little while longer but the right car will turn up if you don't go for this one smile.png

Well as long as there's nothing wrong with it when i see it tomorrow then i think this will be the right one, or at least right enough to make me get it. I suppose there's always going to be a more "right" one somewhere out there but at some point you have to say "good enough" and go for it. Also i want this for summer :)

Someone is coming in 2 hours to collect my VX so i shall be fast-car-less :(

Looks a nice car but them decals from the front and rear would have to go !

Is it embroidered onto the seats ? What were lotus thinking when they done that !!!

I don't mind the front, just the back one :) Pretty sure it's embroidered on the seats, so i don't think they're coming off anytime soon. Maybe i could get some of those bead mat things that taxi drivers used to have and hide it :D

Well as long as there's nothing wrong with it when i see it tomorrow then i think this will be the right one, or at least right enough to make me get it. I suppose there's always going to be a more "right" one somewhere out there but at some point you have to say "good enough" and go for it. Also i want this for summer smile.png

Someone is coming in 2 hours to collect my VX so i shall be fast-car-less sad.png

Well fingers crossed all looks well with the car tomorrow so you are not car-less for too long. And you will have an Exige for Easter smile.png

I don't mind the front, just the back one smile.png Pretty sure it's embroidered on the seats, so i don't think they're coming off anytime soon. Maybe i could get some of those bead mat things that taxi drivers used to have and hide it biggrin.png

The ones on the seats will give you a good reason to make sure you are sat driving the car as much as possible to keep them covered up then drive1.gif

I bought it :-)

There's a few things they need to do to it first, but should get it in about 3 weeks. If i am lucky then that is when the British weather will suddenly take a turn for summer

Just pretend it isn't a CR jonny :) Your ordinary, run of the mill white S2. With used condoms on the seats.

Thanks for the welcome everyone, i look forward to meeting you at any runs you do

Archived