litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Potential New Owner - What To Get?

Stik

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What's the worse that could happen? They say no and you have to pay somewhere closer to the asking price. If you don't ask you don't get and they're not going to boot you out the door because ultimately they want to sell the car.

You might be able to tell that I love a good haggle. smile.png

Stik, a late interjection but have you tried contacting the person you purchased the car from? Indeed you might have thought it was a private seller but plenty of traders masquerade as private sellers. If you can prove the individual is a trader you are entitled to a full refund of the original purchase price plus interest... in case you didn't know, thought it was worth a mention

It's A good point, igyw, I didn't know you could do that. I'm pretty certain it was a private individual, he was a very well known member of the owners club at the time

I shall put on my best haggling hat and give jct a call on Monday :-)

Stik, I just saw your pic on Ph (http://imgur.com/kg4PG2H) and the bent thing is a cover for the Anti roll bar. This is usually pop rivited on and is not a supporting structure as such - and even if it is, it can be replaced or a new one made. Hence the rusty screw holding it in place. (Which looks home made and if I were you I'd have it replaced with a proper one and bin the rusty screw.) These have to be removed to remove and fit an uprated antiroll bar that you seem to have. It ends just behind the wheel arch liner.

The tray underneath is the front splitter tray and has about 10-12 screws holding it on.

Som do you have you any other pictures of this so called twisting? Get the front wheel off, unscrew that plate and have a good look at where the wishbones attach to the chassis. This is where you will look for / see any Damage. If you don't know what I'm on about, get it to an independant to look over it. Also if you remove the front tray, you can look up at the chassis / crash structure.

If that is all it is, get 2 new plates, get them fixed on and update your first and last post with a pretty picture explaining the issue, and get an engineers report if it is all ok to prove it! Good luck and let us know how you get on.

kg4PG2H.jpg

Hi numbnutz, that was the picture I took in the the office carpark, and you're right, it's pretty minor damage, I did take the wheel off when I got home and there is actual bending to the chassis as well :-( I don't think it's actually a problem as it's been fine for 9 years and handles perfectly okay, but it is still a bent chassis which puts people off a lot.

Igyw, I knew this would happen Whilei was on holiday :-(

Have you had it geo'd or 4 wheel tracked? Did they find any problems? If you haven't, it's the cheapest way to see its got problems.

First thing I'd do is get those plates replaced. They look awful, to those not in the know.

Hope you get out all sorted, I live just down the road from Grantham, often go there so would be good to have another Exige around.

Can't find any i like now, of the three i was looking at my two favourites have been sold while i was abroad and the third is just a bit too loud for me to live with i think!

So, what do you lot think of this one? It's a CR again, but it's been repainted :\ Not really sure i see the point of that but i do quite like it in white, i wonder if the side windows have been tinted as well? They look a bit darker than normal to me, which also looks awesome. The mileage is a bit higher than the others i was looking at, but on the plus side It's a fair bit cheaper for it.

How much do you think various upgrades would cost me? I'd like to get it back up to the spec of the CR i missed out on at about 260bhp. As i understand it i'll need uprated fuel pump, injectors and presumably a remap to go with it it - what else? How good are the standard Exige brakes? I'm unlikely to be doing trackdays, just fast road (not sure i can get in it with a helmet on for tracks! i'm pretty tall) When the ad says "Sports Exhaust" is that likely to mean a standard Lotus thing or that it's been fitted with an aftermarket one?

http://www.pistonhea...ub-racer/753511

Also, i think i might actually have to get a vanity plate, just so it doesn't say "CHAV" on the back in big letters

I am determined to get an Exige, but they seem to be getting away from me!

Yeah, I thought it said CHAV too!

The windows do look very dark given the light is coming from behind the car in that side shot. If so, not only is it going to make vision out harder in a car which is already lower than pretty much everything around it, but you'll just get pulled over by the first police officer you pass.

http://forums.seloc.org/viewthread.php?tid=358711&page=1#pid6083088

they were discussing said car on seloc a bit back......id definately change the plate.. nob chav would be a bit much even for me...sleep.png

i do laugh at the "used condom" sticker on the back as someone described... what exactly is it supposed to be???? someone please explain..

apparently hethel, if google is my friend...

i think it looks good in white, i prefer the blue colour scheme, i suppose thats what makes it stand out as a CR....

Archived