litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Potential New Owner - What To Get?

Stik

So i want an Exige, have done for years, finally time to act! Problem is i don't know which one. I've test driven a bunch of Exiges and Elises and come up with two that i really like. This would end up being a bit of a daily car for me, rather than just a weekend thing.

One of them's a standard red colour, which i like a lot. The other is a Club Racer, with the powder blue/black stripe thing going on. As a car my preference is with the CR (it's got better stuff, uprated injectors etc...) but i'm just a little worried about the colour scheme, it's quite stand-outish, as a daily driver is it a bit too pretentious? It's fairly loud as well, so i'm trying to imagine myself pulling into a supermarket carpark in it and not feeling like a bit of a dick :) I live in Grantham, which isn't the country's most affluent town to begin with...

Am i over-thinking this? What would you do?

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Club racer.

It's an exige, it's meant to be stand outish!!!! Red is hardly a shrinking violet, and I think the blue of the CR looks simply stunning....you would be carefull wherever you park it, I think we all are. I think you are looking into it too much. People tend to be more appreciative of a lotus I find. If you've got some links to the cars in question, put them up.

Edeson has a CR and lives in leceister!!! ( fish says that needs bombing).... Lol.

Get it bought!!!!!!:-)

To make a proper comparison you would need to compare the specs, exiges come with option packs touring, sports, supersports. and often special editions come with more packs as standard.

plus I love the colour of the club racer and exiges are best in loud colours

Just looked on the bell an colvill site and they had a MY10 club racer and its got a pretty impressive spec

• Finished in Gulf Blue with Black Tri-Stripe
  • with Black Leather Interior
  • Performance Pack
  • Touring Pack
  • Sport Pack
  • Air Conditioning
  • Limited Slip Diff
  • 4 Point Schroth Harnesses
  • Carbon Fibre Front Splitter and Side Pods
  • Full Car Armourfend

Haha, okay maybe i am thinking into this too much. I'm almost 100% sold on the CR, there's just this niggling doubt in the back of my mind that i'll end up wanting to leave it at home some days because everyone i pass in a town glares at me for "showing off" or something.

The red Exige is at Lawton Brook, the CR is at JCT Leeds, although i don't think they've got photos of it up yet (i've test driven them both)

Just looked at both websites Just on spec the CR would do it for me as it has the 260 upgrade which gives you an additional 40bhp

Don't know about an exige as I drive an elise but I find most people out there love them

Get it!! you know you want to

Yeah it was pretty awesome :D It was noticably quicker and tighter than the other one, but it was a pretty wet (and sleety) day when i test drove them so i would imagine it would be even better in the dry. The other one i spotted this morning is a private sale so a bit cheaper, spec looks pretty good:

http://www2.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201303145774618/sort/default/usedcars/model/exige/make/lotus/onesearchad/used/onesearchad/nearlynew/onesearchad/new/radius/1501/page/1/postcode/ng317bs/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Not test driven this one, but assume it'll be similar to the CR in performance with those upgrades. Mileage is low, too

Yeah the CR does have a coolness factor to it that makes me want it!

I'm the teeniest bit worried about how loud some of the Exiges are, the one at LawtonBrook was deafeningly loud (in a good way) but i think if i ever drove it for more than 30 minutes my brains would start to come out of my ears. The CR i tried had a good compromise

Haha, okay maybe i am thinking into this too much. I'm almost 100% sold on the CR, there's just this niggling doubt in the back of my mind that i'll end up wanting to leave it at home some days because everyone i pass in a town glares at me for "showing off" or something.

I may be biased, blind or both, but I've driven my Elise through the city centre on numerous occasions and it stands out being Lava Orange (you think Chrome Orange is bright!) and I've never thought people were looking at me thinking 'show off'. Maybe because its English and has that magical yellow & green badge on it, I'm sure people stare in admiration rather than the disdain that I think you get with a porker on dancing donkey.

Lets face it, an Elise if far more affordable for most of the popoulation and I've never encountered a hooray driving one so what's there to dislike. Alot of peolple can admire them and aspire to own one, rather than taking an instant dislike because they are way way out of their price range and they have an arse driving them .

Go for the CR - that sky blue is a top colour.

My answer is after owning an Elise and now an evora is Elise is difficult to get in and out but lots of fun, the evora is easier to get in and out and stands well in the road with lots of attention it makes people be careful. I used both as my daily drive and as such sat on the m1 with an artic lorry going past me I know which I'd rather be in. It's a few more quid but worth it :), welcome potentiality to world of us lotus addicts :).

Archived