litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Potential New Owner - What To Get?

Stik

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In which case you might as well just get an exige s... I'm guessing you pay a premium for an CL....

Leave them on. We can then take the piss out of you constantly like we do edeson..... :-)

Yeah it's tempting, it's just the CR seems to have all the option packs as well, i guess if an S comes up with a fair few that'd be a good substitute too

Even if i peel off the external ones it looks like there's some deflated condoms on the seats and door cards too, so you'd still have something to mock :)

Ha ha, nothing a couple of plasters won't cover up... Or we could even draw smiley faces on them...

Got to be worth viewing anyway. If its been for sale a while, there's got to be room for negotiation....

Yeah definitely, it's just finding the time. Still trying to get rid of the bloody VX as well! Wish i'd never bought the thing. Also Surrey is like 2hr30 away, after that i probably won't enjoy my testdrive at all. I've emailed them a few questions, if it looks okay from that i'll go down at the weekend. Sure i can find something else to do to justify the better part of a day travelling

This assumes it stops snowing long enough of course

As has been said it's been up for sale for a while, it was when I first started looking in December. What put me off at the time was the fact it had been repainted, I was worried about the resale value, people do get put off probably as it could be assumed that for someone to go to the expense of a complete respray they may have been having to do a part respray anyway, ie crash repaired?

Yeah that is a concern. If i go to view it does anyone have any tips for spotting if it has been repaired? The reason i got into the situation i am in at the moment with the VX is because i didn't check properly so i don't want it to happen again!

If it was me I'd do a quick HPI check before driving down there, just one of those £3 text jobbies to see if its been a "recorded" write off. As for spotting if its been in an unrecorded accident...not sure. The usual overspray I suppose?

I would be worried about resale value too. A special edition should be left alone, I think you would struggle to move it on if you ever wanted too. Don't rush into a purchase, the right car will come along.

I gave them a call and he's showed me the HPI report, looks legit. I gather B&C are quite respectable, so i'm inclined to think they aren't trying to scam me. Going to go down there on Friday and have a look at it smile.png

I would be worried about resale value too. A special edition should be left alone, I think you would struggle to move it on if you ever wanted too. Don't rush into a purchase, the right car will come along.

Yeah, that's my thought as well, who knows, maybe i'll paint it back in its original colours in a year or two :) I think it's a bit cheaper than it usually would be partly because of the colour change, so hopefully the resale value hit won't be so bad

I gave them a call and he's showed me the HPI report, looks legit. I gather B&C are quite respectable, so i'm inclined to think they aren't trying to scam me. Going to go down there on Friday and have a look at it smile.png

Yeah, that's my thought as well, who knows, maybe i'll paint it back in its original colours in a year or two smile.png I think it's a bit cheaper than it usually would be partly because of the colour change, so hopefully the resale value hit won't be so bad

That 'could' help, only thing is if the respray has been done legit they should have informed DVLA, so there will already be a colour change on the record (should have showed up on the HPI check?) You spray it again then you've got a second colour change on there? :/ What was the original colour?

IMO unless you can get this for a bargain I'd wait, another will come up, it always does

Yes, it showed the colour change on the HPI report. I'm going to check out the paintwork in really thorough detail when i'm there, check for dodgy job or not. I'm planning on keeping this for some years and probably putting quite a few miles on it so i expect by the time i come to sell it again its value will have plummeted anyhow, and the portion it loses through the respray will be correspondingly smaller as well

I shall, of course, try to use this in my favour to get a good discount. From reading the thread on seloc it looks like it's been for sale for quite a while so that should help me out too

Archived