litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Out In Derbyshire Again....

DeanB

Dean awsome day again!

Where did you spring from coming upto crich??

The bloody cops! Think we were under the limit just!..

And Daz that is a good thought?!

Great to meet some more folks, and that Noble sounded epic!

Scatty did I spot a gear stick beany in your car?

Kurt I hope the family is all ok? And may be out next weekend.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was my first proper time out in the Elise and enjoyed it very much. There were a couple of doggy moments but nothing to scary.

I have learnt my Elise is to quiet though, it needs some breathing mods starting with an induction kit.

The best thing about these runs out, is you get to see other people's cars and mods they have done.

The only down side is it will cost you!!! ;-)

A bit like jumpjet today. He's had to buy an oxygen mask and some morphine to cope with his elise being out in the wet!!!! :-)

Well done Dean for pulling this run together again, was great to put some more names to faces... The run was really good with the added excitment of the icey road rivers etc. proved the traction control light was working anyway harhar.gif

Didn't notice any Feds on my way home - Oh no!!?

PS Alex caught me buffing up a wheel badge or two on his return..!

Thanks Scatty.

I left after breakfast but genuinely thought I had 'eye's like a shite hawk' ! which came from driving around with 9 points on my licence about 10 years ago ( miss spent youth and all that )! So was a bit concerned that I hadn't spotted the buggers.

Muzza - like you I must have been on autopilot as I don't recall any cops at all!

Hopefully under the radar!?

The new motors immense Murray. Sorry we misled you with the prospect of blue skies and naked women...

A brilliant turn out....

Thanks Scatty certainly feels very urgent, can't wait for summer!!

The skies were blue in the inversions! Love driving in the slimey conditions, takes me back to the challenge on my motorbikes a few year ago!

Just don't like getting my tackle dirty thoughclosedeyes.gif

Cops were on the A6 between Buxton and Bakewell. Just after we stopped for me to say we were on the A6 and to follow your noses home.

A long ways after breakfast. Those that didnt come along after breakfast will have been nowhere near 'em.

Dean, Once again, thanks for organising the 'meet'. Odd we all headed to hassop the same way, but the bacon butties are worth the trip! Sorry I couldnt hang around for part 2.

I would like to claim the prize for the dirtiest car today (being as i hadnt washed it from a couple of runs ago). Had to dash to get the kids to coaching. Managed to get the car all sparkley and put to bed (wrapped in cotton wool and bubblewrap) before the dark descended. Cant believe how much tar had coated it though (all gone now) beneath the layer of salt and grime. Its a different colour ot what i remember!

A quick big thanks to Gav at Unit 4 for fitting my oil cooler, (top chap) i am certainly building up the confidence to consider a track day after last years hgf now.

Paul

Roll on Chatsworth........

Archived