litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Out In Derbyshire Again....

DeanB

Andy,

Notts Police operate these guidlines so I expect Derbyshire will do the same:

Speed limit + 10% to speed limit + 9mph

So, in a 30mph limit, anything between 33mph up to 39mph should result in a speed awareness course, so you should be fine.

As for Dean, they'll probably throw away the key...

mug.gif

Wonder what Mrs B was doing that particular morning?

Thanks very much for that, fingers crossed Derbyshire operate the same.

Alex, you might be lucky if the camera didn't have time to refresh for the next car until i passed. So it got Dean, missed the chap behind Dean, missed you and got me. Might be wrong but hopefully that's the case. We'll have to start driving on each others bumper and fit a 007 revolving number plate to Deans car. The only problem is none of us can keep up with the Stig Dean drive1.gif

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those of you that are still waiting, I would think that if you've not heard anything by now you should be OK. NIPs are usually sent out the following day so normal first class post means you get it within 2 - 3 days.

Mine came within two days and my lad's NIP came within two days as well. He was doing 38 in a 30 and got a speed awareness course. I was doing 84 in a 60 limit and got 3 points and a £60 fine.

Bad luck Dean, Andy nothing here either. Not sure what speed I was doing, do remember having a good look at what he was doing as I passed. May be I was within or just lucky fingers crossed.

I got one a couple of months ago in Leeds doing 37 in a 30. So easy to get caught out with the mix of speed limits we have... Bar stewards !!

This is bad news guys. I'm gutted for those with tickets. Perhaps PMR radios or similar on the next runs (they are dirt cheap for two) and folk can warn others of hidden plod pointing stuff.

This really infuriates me - 58 in a 50 isn't that bad. Speedos are up to 10% out so its only 3 above.

This is bad news guys. I'm gutted for those with tickets. Perhaps PMR radios or similar on the next runs (they are dirt cheap for two) and folk can warn others of hidden plod pointing stuff.

This really infuriates me - 58 in a 50 isn't that bad. Speedos are up to 10% out so its only 3 above.

My dad and his mates use these radios on their porsche club runs and he was surprised that none of us have them. I tried them out when we went to le mans last june and to be honest once i was above about half throttle i couldn't hear a thing over the noise of the exhaust!

I have the Scala G4 headsets for the bike, and these are really good (although a bit pricey) you can chat away and easily get 1/2 mile. You can adapt them to a loose mic and an ear piece for car use, but as they are bluetooth, when they loose contact its a bit noisy and would be annoying in a car.

But the PMR's in a car I haven't tried. But you could use a clip on ear piece, and loose mic clipped to your shirt (or a throat mic on vox) and that would work well. Wouldn't cost too much either. I might put a kit together with throat mics and PTT and see how well they do.

I toyed with using throat mics for the bike as there is a lot of wind and bike noise, (but went for the G4's in the end) so in a liz I reckon PMR & cheap throat mics, and a clip on ear piece would be fine, lots of fun, and have a good alert/safety aspect also, although you get loads better range on the old CB's.

Good news for me today. Derbyshire Police had the decency and good sense to offer me a fixed penalty. No summons to court nonsense. Fair enough that, I reckon.

Archived