Big Power For The Lego Brick!

MrSimba

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bugger

Hope the damage minimal

Looks good for well over 420bhp.

Do you have the power curve, did think your turbo came in late so happy you found the leak

We should meet for a comparison of cars

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

One of my work colleagues who owns a VX and a member of a forum for VX owners told me Simon sold his car a few days after his engine problem...... Not sure if this is true but would explain his absence ?

One of my work colleagues who owns a VX and a member of a forum for VX owners told me Simon sold his car a few days after his engine problem...... Not sure if this is true but would explain his absence ?

Yep, it's true :(

I've just had a text exchange with him, and in his words "Yep lost the love to rebuild it all over again for the second year running...".

C'mon Simon, the car may have gone but don't be a stranger on here!

Yep, it's true :(

I've just had a text exchange with him, and in his words "Yep lost the love to rebuild it all over again for the second year running...".

C'mon Simon, the car may have gone but don't be a stranger on here!

This!

What a shame to hear that news sad.gif

I really enjoyed reading his build thread.

On a positive note, there's space in the garage for something else now! drive1.gif

And this!

• 9 months later...

Hello.

I am the owner of this car now, I was at the rolling road when it failed. Simon wanted to break the car but having worked on it I could not see this happen so here we are!

I did try to encourage Simon to keep the car and gave him the option to change his mind. I'm still in regular contact with him and the garage is still empty.

I spent a few months working on the car. I used the car for the latter part of last summer and have now covered a few thousand miles in it. Its plenty quick enough and I have even seen over 36 MPG so the best of both worlds.

Below are the graphs from the rolling road and I will post what I did additionally to what Simon had done if anyone is interested. The first graph is running 22 PSI boost and the second graph 9 PSI boost. These power settings are switchable while running.

Also a couple of photos of other work carried out.

Dave.

image_med.jpeg

image-2_med.jpeg

dsc_0976_med.jpeg

dsc_0975_med.jpeg

Archived