litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The 2009 Big Meet

Deleted_User

When you know you def want to attend please can you PM me with your contact number and email address so its easier for me to keep in contact with everyone as time goes on and the thread gets longer and longer!

Cheeky way to get my phone number, but I like it :drive:

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scott - reply from Cosford...

Dear Kim,

Unfortunately we already have a car group booked in on Sunday 7th June, they too are expecting around 50 cars. As this is a busy time of year for the Museum we are unable to allocate any more parking for car groups as the parking will be in use by visitors.

If you have any other dates that are suitable, we would be happy to host your rally.

Kind regards,

Michelle Worthington

Marketing Assistant

Royal Air Force Museum Cosford

T: 01902 376 212

www.rafmuseum.org

Scott - reply from Cosford...

Dear Kim,

Unfortunately we already have a car group booked in on Sunday 7th June, they too are expecting around 50 cars. As this is a busy time of year for the Museum we are unable to allocate any more parking for car groups as the parking will be in use by visitors.

If you have any other dates that are suitable, we would be happy to host your rally.

Kind regards,

Michelle Worthington

Thanks for that Kim, much appreciated

This sounds great, I'm up for any sort of run if we do go near betws-y-coed you might loose me for an hour or 2 to get some climbing in !! Provisionally ill be coming up from Cheltenham then ! anyone else in the area fancy a convoy up ?

Hamish.

Hey Hamish

How about meet in Shrewsbury, then Betws-Y-coed, A5 to Llyn Ogwan, Tryfan North Ridge, Bristly Ridge, across the Glyders, then down Devils Kitchen back to Llyn Ogwan & home?

(May have to check ground clearance on the Elise on some sections!)

Guy

Hey Hamish

How about meet in Shrewsbury, then Betws-Y-coed, A5 to Llyn Ogwan, Tryfan North Ridge, Bristly Ridge, across the Glyders, then down Devils Kitchen back to Llyn Ogwan & home?

(May have to check ground clearance on the Elise on some sections!)

Guy

Sounds ace !!

When you know you def want to attend please can you PM me with your contact number and email address so its easier for me to keep in contact with everyone as time goes on and the thread gets longer and longer!

I have PM'd you my details - look forward to the road trip (devils bridge, horse shoe pass are good runs)

I'm in the process of coming up with a route suggestion. The trouble is, I'd like to keep it to midlands roads but I'm thinking of taking in the Cat and Fiddle and Snake Pass but would these 'encroach' on the North West and Yorkshire areas respectively?

It would be a shame not to have a play on these, but would it be a bit far to come for those from Brum and the south midlands?

If there aren't any/many objections I put a route together, probably starting at Donington services as it's fairly central.

Edit - I've just noticed that I'm now an 'Old Timer'! I've only been on here a year!

OK. Here's my route...

http://tinyurl.com/8ja2b6

Starting at Donington services, then onto the Duffield to Wirksworth road (now a 50 limit, but still good fun). Over to Wetton for a tunnel blast and onto the 'Cat and Fiddle triangle'. Then the twisties from Buxton to Glossop and over the Snake Pass. Down to Matlock Bath for fish and chips with all the bikers, then Carsington Water for a photo opportunity. Then home.

Feel free to fiddle with my route, but if it is too far for you 'southerners' then I'll just bin it.

Martin that looks really good, i have driven on a couple of those roads, it really is stunning up there and might give it a run out over the weekend. how is it looking for speed cameras???

OK. Here's my route...

http://tinyurl.com/8ja2b6

Starting at Donington services, then onto the Duffield to Wirksworth road (now a 50 limit, but still good fun). Over to Wetton for a tunnel blast and onto the 'Cat and Fiddle triangle'. Then the twisties from Buxton to Glossop and over the Snake Pass. Down to Matlock Bath for fish and chips with all the bikers, then Carsington Water for a photo opportunity. Then home.

Feel free to fiddle with my route, but if it is too far for you 'southerners' then I'll just bin it.

Archived