The 2009 Big Meet

Deleted_User

The 2009 Big Meet

If you only do one run this year make sure it's this one

Date: Sunday 7th June 2009

Starting point: TBC

Lunch: TBC

End point: TBC

The aim of this run is to have as many members attend as possible, we are hoping to meet up, drive off in the country side, stop off for some food and then return home. This run will not be a quick thrash around the B roads, it will be more of a gentle sometimes spirited run out with a few dozen friends.

At the moment I need

• Ideas on where we should go (is Wales too obvious?)
  • Ideas on where to eat
  • Volunteers to map the actual run (so far G has volunteered )
  • Group leaders. If we get enough interest then members will have to be split into groups for the actual run, we are going to lead someone at the front of each group setting the pace and leading the way. So far the following have offered Greg & Choppa

EliseLaura has kindly offered to help out as a contact point on the day and during the preparation.

If you are new to MLOC or you have never attended a run this will be the one to do.

If you are hoping to attend can you please send a private message to EliseLaura to confirm. We will also start a ticker nearer the time, these can get a nightmare to track. PM'ing Laura enables her to keep a seperate list of who's attending.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sounds like a great plan :)

I am very happy to be the point of contact for people interested Scott and to look after the thread in general - just don't expect me to plan any routes, I only just manage to find my way around Leicester :)

Ill be interested in going, some nice routes through the Brecon Beacons, or further north the Horse shoe pass (i was part of a classic mini lot a good few years ago and did some runs that direction heading our way to Porthmadog) you then have the opportunity to visit black rock sands.

Well i am sure there are many more places to visit in Wales

Look Forward to it, i have put the dates in my diary

Just an idea but we could do the run we did a couple of years ago that started in a supermarket in leicester I think, but I know ended up in the pub opposite PTP in Hinkley by the Canal. I'm just thinking we are the midlands owners club and the route went all around the mids. We could also meet up with peeps that only wanted to do the morning/afternoon or meet up at the end. It was also the most attended run i've ever been on which is always a good start.

We would be happy to lend a hand as required, even lead one of the groups if needed.

I quite like the sound of a two day trip to wales. As its not going to be a blast, it gives you plenty of nice scenery to look at with the possibity of stoping at the seaside for a quick break.

A night out for a few beers and a curry are a bonus :)

Archived