litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The 2009 Big Meet

Deleted_User

Martin that looks really good, i have driven on a couple of those roads, it really is stunning up there and might give it a run out over the weekend. how is it looking for speed cameras???

It's not too bad. I suppose the good thing about the twisties is that not many cars can actually get up to the limit so there's no point putting the vans out there. It's always good to be wary on the Cat and Fiddle though, especially on a Sunday.

Derbyshire tends to have a bit of a reputation for cameras, although not quite as bad as North Wales.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree - there's some good old windy roads in there, and not too far north for me. Did the Snake at christmas, and got a bit dirty! (sorry Matt, it's shiny again now! :stretcher: ). Don't remember too many cameras, unless i've got a few fines coming my way...

Thanks for voting :D

It's pretty obvious that people want to keep the run somewhere in the Midlands.

Does anyone want to step forward and put together a potential run for us to look at. The run must included a central starting point for sub groups to meet up at, a short stopping place for toilets etc, a lunch stopping place, another short stopping place for toilets.

I liked Neil's idea of a morning run & an afternoon run for those who can't (or aren't allowed :D ) to do a full day...

Just an idea but we could do the run we did a couple of years ago that started in a supermarket in leicester I think, but I know ended up in the pub opposite PTP in Hinkley by the Canal. I'm just thinking we are the midlands owners club and the route went all around the mids. We could also meet up with peeps that only wanted to do the morning/afternoon or meet up at the end. It was also the most attended run i've ever been on which is always a good start.

Hi Guys, well up for this.

As I now live a fair way away, i'll be overnighting in the area, which gave me an idea for a start point.

If we were starting in the Brum Area, i'd probably stay here - www.theelmshotel.co.uk . Its a lovely property, and would prove a great photo opportunity to start with. Its also located the right side of Brum to allow us hit Wales.

Let me know if you think the area has good enough roads, and if you want me to talk to them about the possibility of using their grounds as a start point, and whether they would lay on bacon and coffee at the start.

If it doesn't work out at this hotel i could try others.

Also if anyone else is considering overnighting, let me know and i'll see what i can do for us (I organise corporate events for a living so have pretty good relationships with hotels).

Paul

If anyone wants the files, maps and notes from the Fosse run I can send them over. Failing that, Graeme (GCCK, not Greyknight) has loads of other "tried and tested" routes that may be of interest?

Is this going to be a properly MSA approved run? I don't claim to understand all the intricacies of MSA approval, but I got the feeling that for decent sized runs we should get MSA approval if only to cover ourselves and the organiser(s) in the event of and incident?

Is this going to be a properly MSA approved run? I don't claim to understand all the intricacies of MSA approval, but I got the feeling that for decent sized runs we should get MSA approval if only to cover ourselves and the organiser(s) in the event of and incident?

That's a point

On the smaller runs I have planned I confess I have never bothered. I know JonS has looked into this in the past no doubt he will be around to point us in the right direction.

If you need MSA pointers I've still got a fair bit of imformation on how to do it, it's the consequences of not doing it I don't fully understand. For the sake of a few hours work and an email or 3 I think it's well worth doing.

If we were to run in the midlands/Cotswolds, we ought to tackle Fish Hill and some of the twistys round MattC and me.

I did a run several years ago with Southrun link here: http://www.southrun.co.uk/s12report.php

Just another idea to throw into the pot/confuse things. :D

Hey, Darren, you still watching? Looking forward to our jolly tomorrow :P

If we were starting in the Brum Area, i'd probably stay here - www.theelmshotel.co.uk . Its a lovely property, and would prove a great photo opportunity to start with. Its also located the right side of Brum to allow us hit Wales.
I got married here :D - well actually it was just the reception and evening do! Great place and they have just spent a lot of money on the place.
That's a pointOn the smaller runs I have planned I confess I have never bothered. I know JonS has looked into this in the past no doubt he will be around to point us in the right direction.
I'd be happy to sort out the MSA side of things - still have the contact info. Does mean everyone has to sign on and we have to show you the rules & regs, whether you read them or not is up to you!

Does mean everyone has to sign on and we have to show you the rules & regs, whether you read them or not is up to you!

That would be great Jon - the signing on thing sounds like a job for Laura (as long as she doesn't mind) as she is already collating the members who are attending.

That would be great Jon - the signing on thing sounds like a job for Laura (as long as she doesn't mind) as she is already collating the members who are attending.

I don't mind at all :D I managed to get everyone signed in ok for the airfield photoshoot so if I can do that I can do anything!

Archived