litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The 2009 Big Meet

Deleted_User

As said above, becuase it is an organised 'tour' you need to get an certificate of exemption to allows us to have an un-marshalled event on a particular route. It is an insurance poilicy effectively against complaints/accidents, and if we get objections to the number of cars gathering for example then it's almost like a permission slip getting you out of PE at school!

Jon, don't take this the wrong way.. it aint directed at you.

But that sounds like utter crap, an 'organised tour', 'un-marshalled' got to go back to what I originally said, what exactly is the difference in what we are doing and a group of normal cars on the same route?? I also find it hard to believe that the magic piece of paper would be worth the paper it is written on if someone had a serious accident (god forbid)

like I said, nothing against you Jon.. if we have to have it we have to have it I guess

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the MSA approval also protects the organiser from any kind of liability should something bad happen. As I see it, it would be possible to sue the organiser of the run if anything bad were to happen but by going above board and getting MSA approval this risk is removed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

I think the MSA approval also protects the organiser from any kind of liability should something bad happen. As I see it, it would be possible to sue the organiser of the run if anything bad were to happen but by going above board and getting MSA approval this risk is removed. Someone correct me if I'm wrong?

That sounds about right. You could just imagine the scenario of someone having a small bump and some local busy body suddenly popping up and phoning the police about a bunch of sports cars "racing" up and down the country lanes causing people to have to swerve to get out of their way. The police turn up, see all the same make sports cars and want to know who has organised this "rally" meeting.

I know that in order to get the route msa approved, small lanes/single carriageways are not allowed in order to reduce the likelihood of the above scenario.

Neil is right, he put it better than me. You don't have to have it, we didn't for the Christmas run with 10 cars involved, but did for the Brecon's run with 14 cars. IIRC the licence is for a minimum of 12 cars required for the licence. If people feel it is necessary then we can sort it out easy enough, if not, then its less work for us.

I know that in order to get the route msa approved, small lanes/single carriageways are not allowed in order to reduce the likelihood of the above scenario.

Does this mean the route takes in predominantly main roads? Around Nuneaton? It's the route that's putting me off signing up to this to be honest. The Llanberris pass and Snowdonia or the A5 around Nuneaton. Hmmmm, let me think...... I'm sure the roads are good, but the scenery??

ETA- I have nothing against Nuneaton!!

Jez, there's a map on page 6, although the start and finish were tweaked compared to what's shown.

If you want to organise a Wales run as well, it looks like there a enough people to make it worthwhile. :sniper:

Jez, there's a map on page 6, although the start and finish were tweaked compared to what's shown.

If you want to organise a Wales run as well, it looks like there a enough people to make it worthwhile. :)

Neil, I have seen the map, and whilst I try not to pre-judge anything, I just can't get excited at the prospect of driving around that area! I'm sure I'll still get along to it though as I'd like to put some more names to faces and add to the list of nice people I've already met on the 2/3 runs I've been on.

I think I'd geared myself up for 20/30 cars into Wales!! :sniper:

I'd love to organise a run at some point- me and Rach (girlfriend) have been discussing a 3-4 dayer into Scotland with MLOCers................

Neil, I have seen the map, and whilst I try not to pre-judge anything, I just can't get excited at the prospect of driving around that area! I'm sure I'll still get along to it though as I'd like to put some more names to faces and add to the list of nice people I've already met on the 2/3 runs I've been on.

I think I'd geared myself up for 20/30 cars into Wales!! :sniper:

I'd love to organise a run at some point- me and Rach (girlfriend) have been discussing a 3-4 dayer into Scotland with MLOCers................

Hi Jez o

Did the run last year, and the roads were great!

Mostly B roads, and country lanes, but wide enough, quick enough and straight enough (in places) to overtake. That mixed with the twisty bits provided a lot of fun (ahem - and all within the speed limit!)

Dont let the map put you off - it was a great days driving

I'm IN

Lakey

I've just sent Laura my details and I'll have to set a reminder as it's too far away when you have the memory of a goldfish!!

I'm quite happy to put a few quid in towards the MSA licence/club coffers.

I need to think about good things like this as, come Saturday, I'm due to be without the car for three weeks due to repairs. :sniper:

Hi all, been rubbish on this one - Sonya and I used to attend every run (almost) without fail and there's no reason why that shouldn't continue (even if we have now got one Elise less and one baby more :P ). We're happy to go anywhere, on any route, for either one or two days, etc !

I take it Laura is still collating names - I'll PM you with our contact info. It's now on the calendar and I'll take more notice of the thread (it started about when we were due to sprog, so wan't top of the list of things to be doing...).

C, S & J

Archived