litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The 2009 Big Meet

Deleted_User

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like I've let myself in for this one B)

I'll probably be joining you, but as a pax with someone..... it is a Lotus club after all :) I'm not sure who else may know the route - last time GCCK, GreyKnight and MartinR let the three groups, but IIRC at least one group got completely lost! I've got some pretty good route instructions that can be tidied up and possibly even a tomtom itinery file of the route. I might even re-run the route one evening/weekend to bring the notes up to date if this bloody snow clears up. I'll dig out the files once the nipper has gone to bed.

Once the route is verified we will need to send a copy to the MSA, which I can sort out if you like. There is also the fee of £18 (as it was last year when I did the Brecons Run) maybe we could ask for a £1 or £2 donation for each car or member in attendance to cover this and also to put a bit of cash into the club funds?

Sorry, I didn't get a chance to sort anything out last night, althought it looks like you've found the files from last time. They will need updating before submitting them to the MSA, I'll try to get this done this week.

Jon - I think there was a £2 donation per car last time to cover the MSA fee's with the remainder going to MLOC. If it's to be MSA approved it'll need to be posted on SELOC as well, but I'll PM someone about that later (any takers?)

Hang on a minute, tell me again why we must have MSA approval (without opening a can of worms)

We are all insured, all pay road tax, if one of us crashes into a member of the public surely its that individuals responsibility. What is covered that is not already covered by personal insurance.

As said above, becuase it is an organised 'tour' you need to get an certificate of exemption to allows us to have an un-marshalled event on a particular route. It is an insurance poilicy effectively against complaints/accidents, and if we get objections to the number of cars gathering for example then it's almost like a permission slip getting you out of PE at school!

The MSA require 4 weeks notice of the event and need to see and approve the route and approx number of participants. All participants must be a member of an MSA recognised club, hence SELOC comping into it and hence (as I understand) one of the reasons SELOC became a limited company.

It's is really just a cover, after the brecons run I didnt have to send off the attendance forms so it shouldnt really matter if people only have an MLOC username and not a SELOC one. As I'm a paid up member I can 'organise' events on SELOC with MSA certification.

Does that make sense to anyone?

Edit:

Incidentally, the fee for 2009 is £19. Not much to pay for piece of mind.

Archived