litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The 2009 Big Meet

Deleted_User

Ohhh, sounds good to me! :)

Rich: What are your half term dates? As far as i know we go back on the 1st, hope so anyway as i'm on hol the week before.

Should think it will be ok, will have to check Liam's shifts though.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just an idea but we could do the run we did a couple of years ago that started in a supermarket in leicester I think, but I know ended up in the pub opposite PTP in Hinkley by the Canal. I'm just thinking we are the midlands owners club and the route went all around the mids. We could also meet up with peeps that only wanted to do the morning/afternoon or meet up at the end. It was also the most attended run i've ever been on which is always a good start.

Clicky

You're on about the Fosse run I organised (with Graeme's help) back in summer '07. Started and finished in Hinckley, which seemed ideal for most people (esp me!) I think 33 cars turned up on the day, helped by the very good weather.

post-1700-1232401363_thumb.jpg

Just IMHO, but heading to Wales might put some people off due to the distance (esp those this side of Brum) as it can be a treck just to get to the starting point. There are plenty of good roads in the midlands, and attendance might be higher if you don't stray so far from home. Just my two pence worth.

And I might as well get in early... anyone need a navigator :)

Sounds like a great idea. :)

I will wait to see where you all decide to "run".

The Welsh roads are great and tend in my experience, to be a little quieter B) However this will not be ideal for everyone as it may be a long way away for many.

My only suggestion would be a couple of points to stop and take photos/re-group along the way and with the aid of Tomo I could even lead a group if you were really desparate. :)

I'll be watching..... ;)

i think maybe if it is just for 1 day it would be better to keep it central in the midlands so its not too far for most people and distance want put them off.

But if it is the big meet and a 2 day run then maybe venture out into wales also? i have strung all my favourite roads together from fav runs and come up with this so far :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&sour...3.55957&z=9

Not that I don't like Wales, because I think everyone knows I love the Welsh roads, but I organised two runs to Wales last year, and Scott orgainsed another (the midnight run) so Neil's point of being a Midland club, going driving in the midlands makes a whole lotta sense, and the numbers would be more substantial. Never driven the fosse way (!) so there would be some potential for a lot of members to gather in that area?

(I have some details coming up of my Last Blast to Wales that I'm doing next week and the week after - so I am a huge fan of all that is Welsh tarmac :))

Ohhh, sounds good to me! :)

Rich: What are your half term dates? As far as i know we go back on the 1st, hope so anyway as i'm on hol the week before.

Should think it will be ok, will have to check Liam's shifts though.

[/quote

dont panic, date was originally 28th may on 1st post, last weekend of may half term.

scott being kind to me, has moved 1 week forward...actually its got nowt to do with me as the the missus will proberbly come up with some reason why i cant come due to impending DIY, shopping, gardening, crisis..well you get the point :drive:

richbk

i think maybe if it is just for 1 day it would be better to keep it central in the midlands so its not too far for most people and distance want put them off.

Disagree Graham, we did the midnight run deep into the valleys of Wales, also Ladders put a run together in 2007 which had evo triangle, betws-y-coed, ponderosa etc both easily doable in 1 day. Thats the sort of distance I was hoping to do. A good run out with food in between and a gentle plod back

Poll added for where you would like to go :)

Disagree Graham, we did the midnight run deep into the valleys of Wales, also Ladders put a run together in 2007 which had evo triangle, betws-y-coed, ponderosa etc both easily doable in 1 day. Thats the sort of distance I was hoping to do. A good run out with food in between and a gentle plod back

Poll added for where you would like to go :)

This sounds great, I'm up for any sort of run if we do go near betws-y-coed you might loose me for an hour or 2 to get some climbing in !! Provisionally ill be coming up from Cheltenham then ! anyone else in the area fancy a convoy up ?

Hamish.

This sounds great, I'm up for any sort of run if we do go near betws-y-coed you might loose me for an hour or 2 to get some climbing in !! Provisionally ill be coming up from Cheltenham then ! anyone else in the area fancy a convoy up ?

Hamish.

I could pick you up on my way up from Chichester :)

But lets work out when we have a meeting point and route :drive: Plenty time for that!

sorry i assumed it would be a huge meet of say 30-40 cars? so a more central location would be better?

you know me, wales, wales, wales :)

i will drive to anywhere though, i dont mind at all

Poll added for where you would like to go :drive:

When you know you def want to attend please can you PM me with your contact number and email address so its easier for me to keep in contact with everyone as time goes on and the thread gets longer and longer!

Archived