litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

The 2009 Big Meet

Deleted_User

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we were to run in the midlands/Cotswolds, we ought to tackle Fish Hill and some of the twistys round MattC and me.

I did a run several years ago with Southrun link here: http://www.southrun.co.uk/s12report.php

Just another idea to throw into the pot/confuse things. :P

Hey, Darren, you still watching? Looking forward to our jolly tomorrow :D

You back up here now?

I like the idea of the derbyshire routes and could be persuaded.

I used to live in that area and know the roads well. There's a cafe and parking around Snake just off up near the dams. There is also an opportunity to add in Castleford and Winnats pass which is a great road.

Snake now has mobile camera vans on it unfortunatley!

• 2 weeks later...

We could make it over two days, with an overnight??

Do something Central to all......... Fosse Way?? Head over to Wales for an over nighter, then Wales run on the Sunday??

A Big Weekend of drivin !!

The roads around derbyshire will be fine as long as we look upon this as a nice country drive, not a blast in the country.

Its a sunday in june, and as Fiona said, there will be alot of Cyril and Maude's out to enjoy the countryside at their own pace :) There will also be alot of walkers about.

So as long as we are all happy to pootle along for a social drive at 35~40mph then we will all have a good day. If however we want a more invigorating drive, then less crowded mid wales would be a better option.

Archived