litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got my deposit down for the Emira

Elisemadray

Well my deposit is down, the spec I am going for at the mo is all Hethel Yellow (no black top), Black wheels yellow calipers, Black and yellow Alcantera interior, V6 Manual, Scotty convinced me sport setup is the way to go, although I have compromised and am going for the Eagle tyres.

now just have to be patient :) 

which I'm not!!!

Screenshot Emira.png

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great spec Ray sure you not be disappointed with the sports suspension sure it’s the right setup for our Sunday morning blast’s and even better for the odd track days that you do. Looks great without the black pack and you have to love a yellow Lotus.👍

23 minutes ago, PJT said:

Great news Ray.  What others colours are there for you?  Can't wait to see you in it smiling away.  Is the Elise staying?

Decided I will sell the Elise as it has 35K on it now so will be 40+ by the time the Emira is ready, I will have my fussy out of the Emira if I luv it I will keep it if not sell and buy a new low milage Elise :) 

Lucky lucky man.  Looks amazing and can't wait to see it Ray.

I would go touring  set up as its seems the most lotus.  A la Harry metcalf. 

I think Lotus have scored a mini own goal by not called touring 'sport' and sport 'track'. And that creates  a misperception that touring isn't very lotus when it is the most lotus.   For that reason I think they made a mistake by using Sport set up on all of the press cars I have seen reviews on. 

Have you tried both set ups Ray?

On 14/09/2022 at 17:12, MrWill said:

Lucky lucky man.  Looks amazing and can't wait to see it Ray.

I would go touring  set up as its seems the most lotus.  A la Harry metcalf. 

I think Lotus have scored a mini own goal by not called touring 'sport' and sport 'track'. And that creates  a misperception that touring isn't very lotus when it is the most lotus.   For that reason I think they made a mistake by using Sport set up on all of the press cars I have seen reviews on. 

Have you tried both set ups Ray?

Hi Will, yes drove both set ups, not a big difference between them really, but as I like to drive let's say enthusiastically :lol: and do the odd track day sport will be a better option for me I think, although I will get to have another test drive :) 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've narrowed it down to 2 - Seneca Blue or Hethel Yellow.

V6 manual, Sport Suspension, Cup 2 tyres, lower black pack, alcantara interior, silver wheels.

Can't quite make the numbers work just yet and not ready to say goodbye to the Elise. A likely future car though.

Well, if you twisted my arm right up my back and wouldn't let it go until I placed an order for an Emira, it would have to be exactly like this: V6 manual, sports suspension, red calipers, silver forged alloys... drooool...

emira.png

Archived