litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Got my deposit down for the Emira

Elisemadray

On 30/11/2022 at 21:04, Boo 111S said:

Looks fantastic - would black wheels be better?

Noooooo.  Black wheels for light colours (e.g. aspen white - ha!), silver wheels for deep colours.

I must just add though, that the Magma Red does not look good on the road - very dowdy (as already mentioned).  In fact, the demo car in that colour was behind me a couple of weeks ago as I was nipping out of my estate to do a bit of shopping (in the Puma though - doh)!!  But, the Emira really has got great "road presence" in your rear view mirror, and could easily be mistaken for seriously high-end stuff from McLaren or Ferrari.  Nice work Lotus 💕.

IMG_20221029_150343965.jpg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, Eric said:

Noooooo.  Black wheels for light colours (e.g. aspen white - ha!), silver wheels for deep colours.

I must just add though, that the Magma Red does not look good on the road - very dowdy (as already mentioned).  In fact, the demo car in that colour was behind me a couple of weeks ago as I was nipping out of my estate to do a bit of shopping (in the Puma though - doh)!!  But, the Emira really has got great "road presence" in your rear view mirror, and could easily be mistaken for seriously high-end stuff from McLaren or Ferrari.  Nice work Lotus 💕.

IMG_20221029_150343965.jpg

Really looking forward to seeing them on the road.

1 hour ago, Phil Hutchins said:

Agree to both comments ref Magma Red…it really ‘pops’ under showroom lighting but the one I’d seen otr did seem ‘flat’…I thought it was just dirty! Still has to be yellow for me!

If only Lotus did a metallic yellow, like Renault Sport's signature Liquid Yellow... then an Emira with black pack, gloss black forged alloys, and red calipers - wow, what a combo that would be!

But I guess Lotus could (at a price) paint it in whatever colour a customer wanted.  Hmmmm, food for thought 🤔.

On 30/11/2022 at 21:04, Boo 111S said:

would black wheels be better?

Noooooooo! Wash you mouth out with soap Boo 😁

I agree with other comments, the red looks great in sunny conditions or under halogen lights but in dull conditions it's very disappointing, almost maroon.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after reading several reviews, seeing and having a good look at the blue demo car at Central, my deposit is staying firm.  Q3 2024 predicted delivery so plenty of time to mull over spec. Will be V6, manual for sure.

Now to decide what car(s) must leave the garage to make way - I have 2 weekend toys already, the Elise 240 Final Edition and a GR Yaris. Can't have 3 sadly.

Archived