litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Keeping the miles down!

Adtmits

Aargh... the Exige won’t be moving for next few weeks! im stuck on about 750miles due DIY and now the ankle. 

More effort required once it’s healed. Keeping everything crossed it’s strain and not a tear! 

20AA3BB8-4880-478F-9FEE-9D64E37351C7.jpeg

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hope it heals quick Adam, but moving on to the more important stuff would you like me to look after the Exige for a while, just to check it's ok and not seizing up etc? 

1 hour ago, duncx said:

Hope it heals quick Adam, but moving on to the more important stuff would you like me to look after the Exige for a while, just to check it's ok and not seizing up etc? 

Too late Dunc, I’m already on my way there..

I feel your pain. I had an incident back in March when I went for an Elise test drive. Got in and out of a car in the showroom OK but went to get into the demo car and as I was lowering myself in I must of twisted awkwardly and a muscle on the inside of my thigh tore. I felt immense pain and my natural reaction was to stand up. I walked around for a few minutes but knew this wasn't a "walk it off in 5 mins" thing.  I gritted my teeth and basically used gravity to get me in the car and drive it. Once in I was surprisingly comfortable and able to press the accelerator OK.  I use a mix of left foot braking anyway on my racing sim rig so was prepared for that if needed.  Needless to say the test drive confirmed I'd be leaving my deposit against a Sport 240 FE slot that I had found. All my mates have called it "lotus leg" and I've had quite a bit of stick over it.

Could barely walk for a few days before it started to get a little easier and I made sure I was getting out for daily walks.  Another 2 weeks went by before I could walk comfortably but it just didn't feel right, then the next weekend doing some DIY it pulled again when I was just kneeling down to screw some decking boards down.  Now another 4-5 weeks on and it feels normal and can take some load again. 

Determined to keep up the walking and will start cycling if the rain ever stops to build up some strength - the incoming Elise has become a focus to not only get the leg back to health but also to keep at the walking/cycling to try and lose a few inches around the mid-riff too which will help with mobility getting in/out of the car too. 

Hoping to collect my car early August, and can't wait.

Archived