litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Need a soft top

Neilshannon27

Hi everyone,

Just found out my new car I am collecting tomorrow does not have a soft top included - does anyone have one for sale or know where I can get one from for a good price please? 🙏

Lotus Elise S2 111s 2004 

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/07/2019 at 14:34, Neilshannon27 said:

Cheers mate - I did just find one on ebay for £380 so snapped it up. - thanks for the welcome 👍

OK made a massive and expensive mistake and bought the soft top with the tails 🙈

Shame as its in really good condition! Anyone out there looking for one as I now have one for sale. 

I have contacted the seller to see if he will take it back but I doubt it. 

Anyone got an S2 soft top for sale (short, no tails) please let me know 

13 minutes ago, Jonathan E said:

Whats the story behind the lack of a soft top? Put some pressure on whoever you purchased the car off as they all come with a soft top as standard, even if specced with a hardtop. 

Hi Jonathan, 

I have and the garage I bought it from chased the previous owner and he swears blind he never had one and he only ever had a hard top. 

Can believe we have this weather and I have no soft top, knowing my luck I'll find one and summer will be over! 

There is one on ebay for 580, might just bite the bullet and get it but it seems so expensive 😔 

Very strange not to have one. Have you tried the links above? Johnnyboy’s on seloc is still showing for sale at £500, and I’m sure Rocky will have one but if buying from him just make sure it’s in good condition, better still if he does have one go over and take a look at it before buying👍

Failing that, try Junks on Seloc.

Good luck

5 hours ago, Neilshannon27 said:

Hi Jonathan, 

I have and the garage I bought it from chased the previous owner and he swears blind he never had one and he only ever had a hard top. 

Can believe we have this weather and I have no soft top, knowing my luck I'll find one and summer will be over! 

There is one on ebay for 580, might just bite the bullet and get it but it seems so expensive 😔 

Either the garage or the previous owner will have sold it to make a bit more. Never heard of one without a soft top. Been in the position where the hardtop suddenly disappeared from the deal 😱 To be honest the hardtop would have been more to buy than the soft top so you’ve come out ok. That’s if you wanted a hardtop.

Lovely colour/car BTW

35 minutes ago, The Cakes said:

Either the garage or the previous owner will have sold it to make a bit more. Never heard of one without a soft top. Been in the position where the hardtop suddenly disappeared from the deal 😱 To be honest the hardtop would have been more to buy than the soft top so you’ve come out ok. That’s if you wanted a hardtop.

Lovely colour/car BTW

Thanks, make me feel a bit better I guess 

Is the roof definitely an S2 long tail as oppose to an S1?

I’ve  got an S2 long tail and the soft top seems impossible to find in good condition. 

Lovely looking car, and welcome to Elise ownership!!!

Edit for info: S1 has an Allen key tensioner, whereas the S2 has a plastic lug that is tensioned with an inbuilt lever. Also the the S2 has short support bars that run front to back, the S1 has longer bars that run side to side. S1 has poppers and separate bars across the windows, S2 roof is fixed to the window bars. Sorry easier with photos, but it’s raining. ️ 

15 minutes ago, Caligarinet said:

Is the roof definitely an S2 long tail as oppose to an S1?

I’ve  got an S2 long tail and the soft top seems impossible to find in good condition. 

Lovely looking car, and welcome to Elise ownership!!!

Edit for info: S1 has an Allen key tensioner, whereas the S2 has a plastic lug that is tensioned with an inbuilt lever. Also the the S2 has short support bars that run front to back, the S1 has longer bars that run side to side. S1 has poppers and separate bars across the windows, S2 roof is fixed to the window bars. Sorry easier with photos, but it’s raining. ️ 

In all honesty it could well be but the guy I bought it off has been kind enough to take it back and refund me less the postage costs so I got lucky. 

I have purchased another one now off eBay that is the right one this time (well I hope so anyway) 

1 minute ago, Neilshannon27 said:

In all honesty it could well be but the guy I bought it off has been kind enough to take it back and refund me less the postage costs so I got lucky. 

I have purchased another one now off eBay that is the right one this time (well I hope so anyway) 

Good stuff. 👍🏻

Archived