litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

Dr H

Beautiful Leigh, 1st class craftsmanship as usual :wub:

I remember listing my car car of the stand and setting it on it's wheels for the 1st time, Its a big milestone in the build.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not much progress on the build.

Coolant system all connected up and filled (using a vacuum filling tool which is a great bit of kit).

Well I say 'filled'. I bought 7 ltire of coolant and mixed it 50/50 with distilled water to make 14 litres. Used the whole lot and still nothing in the header tank! Reckon it needs another 4-5 litres! That's a lot of coolant.

Seat runners fitted to floor (they needed extra holes drilling) and I'm having some spreader plates / anchor points made up. The usually just bolts through the floor but i don't fancy bolts and nuts sticking out of the flush underside. Will post pics when they are done - they will be flush.

38584621130_ca6dc07e6f_c.jpg

Gearbox filled with oil.

Metal 3D printed levers for ITBs have arrived. Trial fitted them and should be doing final fit next week. Thanks to Karl for all his help with the design and printing of test pieces of these in plastic.

39542975795_ed4f883758_c.jpg

39728610174_858d6ec767_c.jpg

Oh and a bit more engine bling. You gotta love a bit of Zircotec cool.gif but don't really love the price....

26699011388_44fd4d11eb_c.jpg

Will be finishing off the oil cooler pipes and filling the engine with oil next.

Also waiting for a 'base' for an air filter so I can get one fitted for the engine. Having to have the base made to fit. This will allow me to get the car running and work on an airbox to be fitted later.

Pretty sure it will be green Dean. Something like this. This car is an original Stratos that was restored by Alfaholics. I contacted them to ask what colour/code the paint was that they used and they told me they 'couldn't remember' :rolleyes:. I was they'd just been honest and said 'we don't want to tell you'

O4rQ7rc.jpg

Looking Incredible Leigh .

Was talking to a mutual friend about you last week, talk about small world. I understand Neil bought  a frame from you, I was showing him photos of your build and he said " is that Leigh's car , I  recognise that garage".

On 05/03/2018 at 09:37, Dr H said:

Pretty sure it will be green Dean. Something like this. This car is an original Stratos that was restored by Alfaholics. I contacted them to ask what colour/code the paint was that they used and they told me they 'couldn't remember' :rolleyes:. I was they'd just been honest and said 'we don't want to tell you'

O4rQ7rc.jpg

It does look great in that colour.

2 hours ago, jonnyfox said:

GREEN :bangin: 

Red or blue surely B)

Nope. Green is where it's at for me. Was one of the 5 colours that they offered the original cars in. Was a rare choice though, the majority were red apparently.

Strange but that blue makes it look tiny - which I guess it is tbh!

Don't want to do a rally rep. But if I did it would be either Alitalia or Aseptogyl - I mean what other chance would you ever get to paint a car pink, red and white? I have seen a replica currently being built in this colour and it looks awesome in the flesh.

20120113_2334109.jpg

Archived