litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Nlc - Lister Bell Stratos Build Thread

Dr H

• Replies 668
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Another week and it should be sorted, fingers crossed! That’s if he can remember where everything goes :) 

There’s worse places than Newark but doesn’t have the same ring to it as Turin!

You’ll get more satisfaction if you sort it but Gav will have a solution I’m sure. 

Yep and yep. They can't go any tighter now, I've kept tightening them bit by bit to try and stop the leaks and it's got to the point where they are starting to 'skip' if I try to go tighter.

Those double deck trailers always scare me, the centre of gravity must be higher than is ideal. And a Discovery isn't the most stable of towing platforms, with all the 4x4 features like long travel suspension actually working against you. I've been told that the lightweight double deck 7.5 tonners are scary things to drive when fully laden, but that must be worse.

Right - so I've drained it down again and pulled the hoses and pipes that were weeping. Still a bit confused as to why the interfaces between the silicone hoses and new aluminium pipes but I might have found the issue with the joints to the thermostat housing:

44260534201_700c82de6c_c.jpg

I reckon this pitting is causing the slight weeping?

Getting the housing off the engine isn't an option so I guess I either sand it smooth or fill it with some epoxy metal.

What say MLOC?

Archived