litp.jpg

Lotus in the Peak
28th - 30th June 2024

Lotus In The Peak - Sponsored By Comfort Controls Limited

Directors

GIT!

SOB! Seriously Matt. You had to pull out the one confirming who ate all the pies?

:D

WTF is Bis doing with that selfie stick :)

It's all the rage Martin. Especially during a thunderstorm - so my esteem friends tell me.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we headed home we went through Darley Dale (I think it was Leigh we were following at the time). 

Did anyone else go that way, and if so did you see the cyclist, dressed in the full lycra gear & wearing a cycling helmet as normal, but riding a Penny Farthing!

All a bit bizarre...

YEP... spotted him, he was certainly pedalling fast on the level wouldn't want to try and pedal that thing up a hill.  He would have to take his feet of the pedals downhill if it was a fixed wheel or his legs would snap trying to keep up the cadence

Final numbers about 165 - 170 I think?

Based on the numbered stickers and a quick count up of remaining welcome packs I reckon it was 183...give or take. Would've been nice to crack the 200 but still up on last year which is good, maybe the early rain put a few off on the day.

When we headed home we went through Darley Dale (I think it was Leigh we were following at the time). 

Did anyone else go that way, and if so did you see the cyclist, dressed in the full lycra gear & wearing a cycling helmet as normal, but riding a Penny Farthing!

All a bit bizarre...

Yep, you were following me and the guy did look rather bizarre!

Did anyone travel home through Idridgehay ?  There was an unmarked police car (Astra estate) parked up outside the animal feeds place with a speed camera in it. It's a 30 limit through there.

We stopped because Oliver was feeling queasy, so no probs for us.

I thought that equipment had to be outside the cars due to interference - perhaps they've solved that and are now allowed to be more covert.

Hmmmm......that's worried me a bit but I don't think I was going over the limit. I tend to stick to the limits through villages. I think I was following anorher car (not Lotus) through.

Guess I'll have to wait and see.

All a bit bizarre...

Yes I saw him too, looked like bloody hard work!

Think I followed you all the way to the Burton on Trent turn off?

Archived